Book of Abramelin in languages other than English?

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Book of Abramelin in languages other than English?

Postby FiatYod » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:24 am

If I remember correctly, some say that the Book of Abramelin was originally written in German, and others say it was written in Hebrew.
However, all the copies I could find online are in English.
Does any of you have a copy of it in German or in Hebrew? Where can I get it from?

Thanks
FiatYod
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Book of Abramelin in languages other than English?

Postby danica » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:37 pm

FiatYod wrote:If I remember correctly, some say that the Book of Abramelin was originally written in German, and others say it was written in Hebrew.
Does any of you have a copy of it in German or in Hebrew? Where can I get it from?

Thanks

This seems to be a bilingual Hebrew-German edition:

https://www.amazon.com/Abramelin-egyptischen-Offenbarungen-Abraham-g%C3%B6ttlichen/dp/3936149003/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1544499424&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=abramelin+the+mage+german
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Re: Book of Abramelin in languages other than English?

Postby FiatYod » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:18 am

danica wrote:
FiatYod wrote:If I remember correctly, some say that the Book of Abramelin was originally written in German, and others say it was written in Hebrew.

Thanks

This seems to be a bilingual Hebrew-German edition:

https://www.amazon.com/Abramelin-egyptischen-Offenbarungen-Abraham-g%C3%B6ttlichen/dp/3936149003/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1544499424&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=abramelin+the+mage+german

Sounds promising, but there's no preview. I guess it's in German, with Hebrew words here and there (like many magick-related books in English use Hebrew when necessary).
Thanks!
FiatYod
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Magick