ve Gedulah

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

ve Gedulah

Postby ThelemicMage » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:16 pm

I am reading that Gedulah is another name for Chesed. This would make sense in the mirror-image ritual of the Cabalistic cross, where you mirror-exalt the sephiras attributed to the left and right shoulders, Geburah being on the left.

One vibrates "ve Gedulah", which is normally translated as "the Glory". Though Gedulah means "greatness", Hod means "Glory".

Does anyone think this is another ritual where attributes of another sephira are reflected upon a specific other sephira? Up is down, dark is light, salt is pepper, etc..?

Frankie
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: ve Gedulah

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:33 pm

ThelemicMage wrote:I am reading that Gedulah is another name for Chesed.

Correct. The shoulders are Geburah and Chesed.

One vibrates "ve Gedulah", which is normally translated as "the Glory". Though Gedulah means "greatness", Hod means "Glory".

There are several words that can be translated that way. Tifereth can be translated "glory," as can (more rarely) Netzach. Gedulah means great, large, glorious, etc.

Does anyone think this is another ritual where attributes of another sephira are reflected upon a specific other sephira? Up is down, dark is light, salt is pepper, etc..?

No. :D
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: ve Gedulah

Postby ThelemicMage » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks, Jim.

Take it easy.

Frankie
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Return to Magick