How to keep a magical diary

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Re: How to keep a magical diary

Postby Gnosomai Emauton » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:13 am

Personal example: I'm currently teaching myself astrological transits. It's been very useful to look back at certain periods to pull data to see how a specific transit has played out. It's been downright eye-opening to see how certain path-altering experiences occurred almost exactly in sync with Pluto transits becoming exact. Didn't notice any connection at the time but, with a clear record of the work, the patterns begin to emerge.
Go in all ways contrary to the world.
Gnosomai Emauton
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby AliceKnewIt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:25 am

An article from the NY Times about keeping a diary:

http://op-talk.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/0 ... prise-you/

"What makes it valuable is if you not only keep a daily diary, but then have some way of, every once in a while, picking a day at random and reading what you did that day.”

8)
AliceKnewIt

Postby gerry456 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:13 pm

I think it's important to document daily incidents of averse emotional reactions. This is where Nuit dwells.
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby Middleman » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:10 pm

How does Nuit relate to adverse emotional reactions?
Middleman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gerry456 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:30 am

Middleman wrote:How does Nuit relate to adverse emotional reactions?

Well, what is actually happening during an adverse emotional reaction?

Nuit is the complete realm of all possibilities that we could experience and sometimes I may not like some circumstance, thing, person or event. I may react with an emotion that makes me uncomfortable and I may try to treat that emotion like it's not really there. What i'm doing thereby is I am denying the said circumstance, thing, person or event that is in my path at that time, so in effect I am also denying Nuit.

Sometimes there shall be jealousy, anger, depression, anxiety, disgust, anguish, boredom, guilt, shame, hatred, sadness, frustration, fear and neediness.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby seekinghga » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:23 am

gerry456 wrote:Sometimes there shall be jealousy, anger, depression, anxiety, disgust, anguish, boredom, guilt, shame, hatred, sadness, frustration, fear and neediness.

All of these should be considered in light of (at least):
AL I: 22-23; 26; 30; 32; 45; 65.

Record them all. It's not fun, man. I've been there, done that. I'm still there, doing that. (For what it's worth!) :) It is important to make the journal a living extension of yourself. It should grow in tangency with your perception of your Tree of Life.
"And they that read the book and debated thereon passed into the desolate land of Barren Words. And they that sealed up the book into their blood were the chosen of Adonai, and the Thought of Adonai was a Word and a Deed; and they abode in the Land that the far-off travellers call Naught."
- LXV 5:59
seekinghga
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby gerry456 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:59 am

seekinghga wrote:[All of these should be considered in light of (at least):
AL I: 22-23; 26; 30; 32; 45; 65.

Record them all. It's not fun, man. I've been there, done that. I'm still there, doing that. (For what it's worth!) :) It is important to make the journal a living extension of yourself. It should grow in tangency with your perception of your Tree of Life.

TOL extension. Nice!

gerry456

Previous

Return to Magick