Resh "polarity"

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Resh "polarity"

Postby Starry Soul » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:52 am

If I decide to not do Midnight Resh because I sleep through the time (on purpose), would it be better to drop Noon Resh as well, because it won't be "equilibrated," or should I go for 3 adorations a day even if it's uneven?
Starry Soul

Re: Resh "polarity"

Postby danica » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:25 am

If you don't do it on time, do it as soon as you remember, but do all four a day - that's how I was taught.
If you endevor to do all four regularly, each at its appropriate moment, in time, the ability to do it even while sleeping develops (subconsciousness adopts the pattern), and in more time, the ability to do it even when you're not doing it develops :D -i.e. there's a continuous conscious & subconscious devotional connectedness with Solar "tides" throughout the day&night cycle (and much more, which I'm not sure I can put into words, nor that I should even if I could, because it pertains to one's own intimate connection with the Sun, inner Sol as well as the outer physical Sun).
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Starry Soul » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:40 am

Thanks.

Well, I have done all four for two years. But now, I feel like I should strive for regularity and precision. I'm doing Rising and Sunset with dead-on accuracy. (I'm not saying I never did that before. :D ) I realize there's nothing compared to doing all four, but I'm intentionally deviating (for now) from the traditional practice by not doing Midnight, because the uninterrupted sleep is more important to me than the practice, at the moment. Doing it (way) after the time while I'm doing the others on time would break the spot-on regularity that I'm aiming for (not just with Resh, BTW).

Hence the question. Though I'm almost sure I should do Noon anyway...
Starry Soul

Postby Gnosomai Emauton » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:28 pm

In my practice, the four adorations resonate down through all aspects of four-fold symbolism. Dropping midnight, for me, would be dropping my daily influx of night, darkness, Earth, Tacere, cold/dryness, winter, etc. I take the practice as a sequence of offering up the Konx that's been driving me for the previous 6 hours in order to make room in myself for a slightly larger influx from the new quarter (Aum let it fill me!). That being the case, I can't really offer advice for your case. Dropping one of the quarters would throw me completely off true. Dropping its opposite might seem to "balance" it at first glance but, drilling deeper, I'd see that I'm only affirming Air/Water and thus neglecting "dry" completely as well as building up Knowing and Daring while neglecting Willing and Keeping Silent. For me, at least, that would be a bad thing.

However... I currently can't hit Ra on time to save my life. I do it when I wake up and manage to hit the other three within a 10min window consistently. Since I came to the Work overbalanced in Air anyway, I see this as a good working model for now until the other three are equilibrated.

Don't know if any of that helps but... that's where I am.
Go in all ways contrary to the world.
Gnosomai Emauton
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby Starry Soul » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Well, I guess it depends on how one approaches the practice, the intention etc. While I have in the past practiced as you do, currently I don't attribute fourfold characteristics to each quarter. So it shouldn't cause imbalance. (It doesn't seem to.)
Starry Soul

Return to Magick