Spirit guides and angels

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Spirit guides and angels

Postby gerry456 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Do you consider the "new age" methods of spirit guide and angel contact to be flawed method? The method is something like do a protection ritual, meditate, visualize a happy place and call on one of them to come to you with advice that you need.

I've noticed within myself and others in forums like this that such methods are frowned upon as inadequate, unsophisticated and "dumbed down". Such arrogant attitudes appear to spring from a place of intellectual pride. Surely a helpful angel is a helpful angel regardless of how it was found and what system it belongs to?
Last edited by gerry456 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Spirit guides and angels

Postby seekinghga » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:43 am

Sounds good to me. Have at it, gerry, and let us all know how far you've progressed after some months of practice. :)
"And they that read the book and debated thereon passed into the desolate land of Barren Words. And they that sealed up the book into their blood were the chosen of Adonai, and the Thought of Adonai was a Word and a Deed; and they abode in the Land that the far-off travellers call Naught."
- LXV 5:59
seekinghga
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby gerry456 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:09 am

seekinghga wrote:Sounds good to me. Have at it, gerry, and let us all know how far you've progressed after some months of practice. :)

I used to do it in the past and I received some communication which was frankly mind blowing. I'd love to tell you but can't but I received a message on my mind's eye as I awoke. It was a pen writing on a screen. Don't get me wrong I incorporate the banishing exercises of Thelema and other practices and I also accept that Lord Horus has reigned over this black earth since April 1904.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby seekinghga » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:25 am

Just be wary, lest you find yourself mucking about with the vomit of Choronzon. In my experience most "mind blowing" revelations are precipitated, and certainly followed, by an explicit or implicit current of pride. Pride does for the Ego what spinach does for Popeye. Of course, that is only in my personal experience. YMMV. See the chapter on The Sword in "Book 4 Part II".
"And they that read the book and debated thereon passed into the desolate land of Barren Words. And they that sealed up the book into their blood were the chosen of Adonai, and the Thought of Adonai was a Word and a Deed; and they abode in the Land that the far-off travellers call Naught."
- LXV 5:59
seekinghga
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby gerry456 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:39 am

seekinghga wrote:Just be wary, lest you find yourself mucking about with the vomit of Choronzon. In my experience most "mind blowing" revelations are precipitated, and certainly followed, by an explicit or implicit current of pride. Pride does for the Ego what spinach does for Popeye. Of course, that is only in my personal experience. YMMV. See the chapter on The Sword in "Book 4 Part II".

Don't worry I have a left lobe and can switch into Dawkins mode any time I want.

gerry456

Return to Magick