Raguel sigil and Hebrew letters

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Raguel sigil and Hebrew letters

Postby gerry456 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:03 am

I cannot find the sigil or the Hebrew letters that compose Archangel Raguel's name. I've searched and googled but no specific Hebrew attribute appears. Is Raguel one of the main Seven Archangels?

Thanks.
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Raguel sigil and Hebrew letters

Postby mark0987 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:01 am

Raguel is not one of the main planetary (seven) angels, he is mentioned in the book on Enoch and is only really present these days in new age traditions. This might be why a sigil cannot be found, you may be thinking of Raphael.
"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realises that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'"

-Max Planck
mark0987
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby gerry456 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:36 pm

mark0987 wrote:Raguel is not one of the main planetary (seven) angels, he is mentioned in the book on Enoch and is only really present these days in new age traditions. This might be why a sigil cannot be found, you may be thinking of Raphael.

Yes I thought so, no Raguel has different attributes.

Thanks.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby gerry456 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Yes the New Agers uses the 4 elemental Archangels of the Cabbalah (where Mikeal and Gabriel and Rapheal whose Hebrew names according to Jim's 776 1/2 appear to have the same spelling-identity both as Briatic Planetary Angels and as elemental Archangels of Yetzirah).

New Agers also work with other Archangels such as Raguel, Sariel and Remiel which I believe were mentioned in the Book of Enoch. When I say the work with, I mean sigils are not used by New Agers, they just call these Archangels.

Correct me if i'm wrong e.g. Rapheal, Angel of the Planet Mercury is the same entity as the traditional Archangel of the Element of Air? That is, this entity has two specific tasks in two different departments?

gerry456

Postby ThelemicMage » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:12 pm

I've always thought so.
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Postby mark0987 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:27 am

Correct me if i'm wrong e.g. Rapheal, Angel of the Planet Mercury is the same entity as the traditional Archangel of the Element of Air? That is, this entity has two specific tasks in two different departments?

I've always assumed so, what matters in practice of course is whether the magician is focused on attracting qualities of Air or Mercury. Some would disagree with course, I have no problem seeing Mercury as associated with Air anyways, and Raphael as the Healer of God fits well with Mercury. If he is Mercurial, then he is 'airy' by nature to begin with!
"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realises that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'"

-Max Planck
mark0987
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby gerry456 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Yes Rapheal the Healer slots nicely into what we know about Hermes/Mercury although Hod is watery.

What about the other correspondences e.g. Micheal the Warrior Archangel of the element of Fire and of The Sun? Gabriel of Water and of The Moon?

gerry456

Return to Magick