Do you have evocation precautions?

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Do you have evocation precautions?

Postby gerry456 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:11 am

If so , what?

Do you have a copy of Liber Al present when you evoke something?
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Do you have evocation precautions?

Postby mark0987 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:34 pm

I sometimes have Liber AL present, personally that is often more coincidental than intentional- I don't personally feel like I need it for evocation.

I like to be clean and calm. Meditation for a few minutes before the working seems to really boost effects on my concentration and on my ability to receive subtler impressions.

I personally do not use every attribution listed in 777, but if I happen to have the appropriate scent, candle colours etc. I will use them. I have not found any benefit in using them personally, because I attune to the spirit through the sigil. If the spirit is of a particular nature e.g. of Saturn, fire etc. I will perform the appropriate invocation rituals to attune the ritual space to the nature of the spirit.

Recently I have started utilising and invocation of the Angel before evocation, this seems to aid in the working. I believe it is more down to the shift in consciousness the particular ritual gives me and perhaps a boost in confidence: I believe that is key in this type of working.

The triangle and circle are things I do use. I have performed evocations without both. Without the triangle I feel like the focal point for 'manifestation' is effected. This may have been a one time thing, but it seemed to have an effect on my ability to concentrate, everything seemed to be topsy turvy and I couldn't get any real answers. Without the circle I felt 'exposed'. I feel like something which most texts do not tell you is that it helps to trace the perimeter of the circle astrally, or rather, visualise a bright light where you place the perimeter of the circle (I personally use rope, no writing).

Other than the above, I do not really do much else. I personally do not utilise the curses, the long Hebrew invocations, or command anything by the name of any God. I have never really had the need, especially when I invoke the Angel beforehand. This again, may be a personal result. I do write my own individual call for the spirit, but I don't rely on the power of any deity to cause it to manifest.

I have stripped down the traditional instructions to suit my own needs, I cannot afford most of what the grimoires ask for, and I personally move around quite a bit and therefore don't always have every tool I need at hand. Other people may disagree and some wouldn't approve of my methods, but oh well!
"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realises that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'"

-Max Planck
mark0987
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Re: Do you have evocation precautions?

Postby gerry456 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:00 am

I see, thanks.

Who have you evoked and why and what results did you get?
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Return to Magick