Lon Duquette threatens Spirits?

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Lon Duquette threatens Spirits?

Postby gerry456 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:07 am

Did Jim say that it'd be unnecessary and wrong to threaten to burn a Spirit's Seal if it won't comply to our demands?

What's your opinion?

Cheers
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Lon Duquette threatens Spirits?

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Sat May 05, 2018 8:50 am

I have no opinion about whether Jim said that.
Every man and every woman is a star.
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby gerry456 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:58 am

Yeah in one of these posts he said torturing them is too old aeon and that's why they appear p1ssed of at us sometimes...no wonder. They've been getting abused and threatened by wizards for decades/centuries....but now as we move out of that Piscean age we can have amore enlightened approach.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Sat May 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Last edited by Avshalom Binyamin on Sat May 05, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every man and every woman is a star.
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby gerry456 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Hey thanks yes :D

gerry456

Postby mark0987 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:04 pm

What's your opinion?

I don't have extensive experience with the goetia, I have some good experiences and some bad experiences. My bad experiences came about through my own naivete, disrespect for the system, and my own fear. My good experiences came about when I was more experienced in general and I treated the spirits as spirits- individuals, rather than mere portions of the human mind. (I don't assert they are one or the other, just that for me they seemed to be more receptive when treated as objective individuals.)

In my opinion, any magician who has to scream demands and curses, threaten and enslave any being is a poor magician. Lon DuQuette asserts in his books, like most magicians, that goetia were made to serve and should be forced to do so because that is the natural order of things. A lot of white people believed that about black people too, some still do.

Spirits are good at serving, some of the goetic spirits are keen to serve and will make deals with the magician. I don't see the harm of deals so long as it doesn't hurt or hinder either party. Why would you strive to have a bad business relationship when you can have a beneficial relationship which is mutual?

On the post linked above, Jim likens the goetia to an abused child, I think that can be a good analogy, however, how would you treat an abused child who had behavioural issues. You certainly wouldn't give them slap, threaten to exterminate them, and shout abuse at them. You would be firm, calm, completely in control, but fair.

"If you want to watch television, you will behave and clean your room first, if not, no TV."

"If you gain me the ability to make money, I will leave an offering/tell people about your powers/ carve your sigil into a metal so it is permanant." - They really don't ask for much when they know you are not to be walked all over.

I don't know if you have ever dealt with a naughty child, but they tend to laugh in the faces of adults who scream and shout- because as always "Intolerance is evidence of impotence."
"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realises that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'"

-Max Planck
mark0987
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby gerry456 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Great answer Mark, thanks.

gerry456

Return to Magick