Reguli

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

general invocation

Postby Solve et Coagula » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:33 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:one of the Middle Pillar rituals would be perfect. So would general invocations such as "Thou who art I," etc. from The Ship.

What is a good source for these?
Solve et Coagula
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: general invocation

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:10 pm

Jackdaw wrote:
Jim Eshelman wrote:one of the Middle Pillar rituals would be perfect. So would general invocations such as "Thou who art I," etc. from The Ship.

What is a good source for these?

I can't tell you a single specific source.

In an appendix to 776 1/2 I provided the following list of examples, prefixing it with the statement: "Many of the ways of fulfilling this step are actually small rituals themselves. Others are briefer invocations. Some examples include..."

• "The Bornless Ritual" (rewritten as Liber Samekh, often mentioned by Crowley as "The Preliminary Invocation" of The Goetia); see the appendices of MTP
  • "Opening by Watchtower" (an elaboration of the Open of the Portal Ceremony); see Regardie, Ceremonial Magic
  • "The Opening of the Pyramid" (a personal variation of the opening of the A.'.A.'. Ritual DCLXXI, based on the Neophyte formula)
  • The Middle Pillar Ritual
  • The Supreme Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram (of the Five Elements)
  • The Ritual of the Star Sapphire (A.'.A.'. Liber XXXVI)
  • Liber Pleiades (for those who are fortunate enough to have it)
  • The General Exordium or The Particular Exordium from R.R. et A.C. Book Z-2; see Regardie, The Golden Dawn
  • Crowley's "Hymn to Pan" (from Equinox III:1, or MTP)
  • The "Rosicrucian Prayer" from the old Adeptus Minor Initiation and other sources (also the variation thereof, "From Thee," &c., which is known to every initiate of T.'.O.'.T.'.)
  • The Anthem from the Gnostic Catholic Mass (A.'.A.'. Liber XV)
  • The First and/or Second Enochian Calls (these are invocations of Spirit; their uses are distinct, and they require a specific understanding of their operation)

These, of course, are only a few examples of the many that could be employed.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Previous

Return to Magick