Practical ascension

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Practical ascension

Postby Malaclypse » Wed May 03, 2006 1:27 pm

Can anyone please give me some practical rituals which would be efficient for an aspiring magician to follow? I try to meditate about 30 minutes a night and do the LBRP right before that. Anything else than that one might add in order to focus the mind etc?
Every man and every woman is a star.
Malaclypse
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby jmiller » Wed May 03, 2006 2:27 pm

I'd make the Middle Pillar ritual my next priority - and Liber Resh as well - but not to focus the mind. Use meditation for that. The rituals should produce other tangible results, at least after working with them for a while.
jmiller
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Malaclypse » Wed May 03, 2006 3:16 pm

Ah, thanks! :)
Every man and every woman is a star.
Malaclypse
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby redd fezz » Wed May 03, 2006 6:52 pm

What I notice from LBRP is a feeling of energy. Actually, as I do the Qabalistic Cross, I feel sensations of energy when I touch my head, abdomen and shoulders. The tingliness just seems to become enhanced throughout the ritual.

After the MPR, the tingling has become a full-bodied lightness and relaxation similar to after practicing Qigong. When I look in the mirror afterwards (all over the place, unfortunately), I can't help but notice how different my eyes look. To me, I feel relaxed, but to look at, they sort of get that peculiar "look" I've seen in so many other famous occultists' eyes. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking at someone else. Like this guy, for instance: http://images.google.com/images?q=manly ... rch+Images
"I have never grown out of the infantile belief that the universe was made for me to suck." – Aleister Crowley
redd fezz
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Return to Magick