Re: Geomancy

Postby Freya » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Thank you Jim... :)
Freya
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Takamba » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Good Ol' Tarot! (shouted in my best cockney accent in harmony with three other lads).
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Postby bdc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Regardie's book mentions the names of the Genii which are to be used, described as "Earth elemental(s) of considerable stature". However the names he gives are those of planetary spirits (the sigils bearing no resemblance to those of spirits drawn from the planetary kameas however). I find this very strange, are the likes of Bartzabel, Hismael, Qedemel, Sorath actually Earth elementals / gnomes? I haven't worked with geomancy myself, but from some experiences with evocation and scrying, the planetary spirits don't feel particularly "earthy" to me... raw forces maybe, but I'm having some trouble considering them "gnomes".

Liber Gaias is even more confusing, with the names of Archangels thrown in to the mix for reasons not explained by the text.
bdc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ThelemicMage » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:33 pm

And yet.. each Tarot card is associated strongly with certain astrological beings.

Same with the I Ching. I think I've seen Crowley write it as I or Y King.

Love is the Law,
Frank
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Previous

Return to Magick