Court Card Decanates

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Court Card Decanates

Postby Vod-Vil » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:11 pm

I have a question about this statement from Liber Theta.

"Simultaneously, 12 of these 16 cards correspond to a particular 30° segment of the zodiac:
the first two decanates (i.e., the first 20°) of one sign, of the element to which the card’s suit corresponds,
and the last decanate (or 10°) of the preceding sign, which is of a contrary element."

Who figured this out?

Was the 20 degree/10 degree theory worked out before Court de Gebelin started pairing the Hebrew alphabet with the Trumps?
Vod-Vil
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Court Card Decanates

Postby Hermitas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:43 am

I can’t answer your question of origins, bit I can tell you that the difference between the two reoresents two distinct meditations, and there is no competition between the two for correctness.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

[Tarot] Double Ruling-Angles of Decades of Zodiac

Postby danica » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:50 am

:D
I came to the forum after long-time-no-see with a question in mind to post and randomly checked here in Qabalah section to see what's new - to find this old thread that addresses, however in its own different way, exactly the subject of my question !

Does anyone know (ideally, historical info, with year/century and everything pertinent) when the Shemhamphorash started being attributed to the Zodiac, in sequence as we now have it?
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Return to Qabbalah