Thus Eleven

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Thus Eleven

Postby Heru-pa-kraath » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:14 am

Verse II:16 of the Book of the Law contains what seems to be an impossible challenge: to combine the numeric qualities of the tarot trumps The Empress & The Hierophant in order to make them equal eleven. The Hebrew letter attributed to the Empress is Daleth, which has a value of four; the letter attributed to the Hierophant is Vau, with a value of six; when added together the sum of 4 and 6 is 10, which appears to be incorrect.

The reality of the statement made by Hadit is that he is 100% correct when a clue provided in last of the statement is taken into consideration: Thus eleven, as my bride is eleven. In base11 mathematics, the numerals 10 are the number 11. As an added bonus, in base11 the number 10 is written as 1A; when 1A is converted into numerals using Hebrew gematria, 1A becomes 11, so it can be said that in base11 mathematics, 10 is 11, and in base10 mathematics, 1A (10) is 11.
Heru-pa-kraath
Copper Member
Copper Member

Re: Thus Eleven

Postby Jim Eshelman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 am

That's interesting... but I gave a much simpler and IMHO more elegant solution here:
http://aumha.org/arcane/ccxx2.htm#16
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:10 am

I always assumed it was the pentagram and the hexagram. The pentagram for Venus, corresponding to the empress, and the hexagram corresponding to the hierophant.
טהרה אלמד
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Uni_Verse » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:25 pm

My own assumption did not correlate the numbers, instead considering the symbolism.

I am {the Perfected Image of the Whole ] and {its Revealer]
Thus I am [magick] as my bride is [magick]

To put it more simply, the implication is the aspirants image of Nuit is a projected image of their inner spark Hadit.
Or something like that...
I feel a need to express it better, however a means to do so eludes me at the moment.
There is only one verse,
sung in infinite ways.
-
"Here!"
I come or came?
I sung!
To seeD the Way
-
God sings,
WE experience:
THE UNIVERSE!
Uni_Verse
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Takamba » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Uni_Verse wrote:My own assumption did not correlate the numbers, instead considering the symbolism.

I am {the Perfected Image of the Whole ] and {its Revealer]
Thus I am [magick] as my bride is [magick]

To put it more simply, the implication is the aspirants image of Nuit is a projected image of their inner spark Hadit.
Or something like that...
I feel a need to express it better, however a means to do so eludes me at the moment.

I'm in line with the "mirror" thing that was discussed elsewhere and very well said. I think that that is what you mean, and with this we both agree.
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Return to Qabbalah