Lux in Hebrew

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Lux in Hebrew

Postby Coagvla » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:04 am

Hey all, am just wondering how people translate Lux to hebrew. I am thinking Lamed, Vav, Tzaddi (as Tzaddi is used for x in Nox) which gives 126. This number doesn't mean a lot to me but would like to hear if it does to others. From 26 there is YHVH, the sephira on the middle pillar and Ayin between Tiphareth and Hod. There is also the ideas of 12 and 6. I notice some people use Qof for x and this is very interesting as it gives 220 for Nox and 136 for Lux, also buy substituting Vav for Ayin in Nox and using Qof for Tzaddi you get 156. My thinking is that whatever value you use for x should be consistent for both Lux and Nox. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Coagvla
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lux in Hebrew

Postby Starry Soul » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:00 am

You meant transliterate. L-V-Tz, yes.
Starry Soul

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:51 am

Generally, I wouldn't transliterate it into Hebrew at all.

Most often I would use the Hebrew word with the same meaning, AVR, Or.

If I wanted to work with the Latin word, I'd use the Latin Qabbalah Simplex instead. (That's aside from the other useful thing, which is to treat LVX as a valid but irregular Roman numeral, a variant of LXV, 65.) In Latin Qabbalah Simplex, LVX totals to 49, or 7x7, which, among other things, is the same numeration as Latin words for: white, black, temple, "I rejoice," Satan, shadow (or shade), vagina, and will.

Oh, and T.'.O.'.T.'.. Both "Temple" and "Thelema" (i.e., "will") enumerate to the same value as the initials of "Temple of Thelema."
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Coagvla » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:51 am

Can I ask Jim, we generally use the hebrew correspondences for Nox, as per the comments on Nox and the Mars force in BP, but why this isn't the case with Lux?

I should add I have been looking at relationships between Lux and Tiphareth, HGA etc ideas. I understand the use of Avr but I can't see anything Tiphareth(ic) in Avr (207), perhaps Atu V and Atu XIX? I certainly see what you mean about the Latin Lvx = ADNI, the 5 and the 6 etc
Coagvla
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 am

Wouldn't you just use Layla (lamed-yod-lamed-heh) if you were doing it in Hebrew? Layla enumerates to 75, which is the same as Nuit (nun-vav-yod-teth).
טהרה אלמד
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Coagvla » Sat May 16, 2015 7:08 am

Wow this is an interesting one. I have seen Crowley use Laylah, but have never given it any thought beyond Leila Waddell. What are your associations with Lux
Avshalom

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
Coagvla
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Qabbalah