LBRP Divine Name Sequence

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Re: LBRP Divine Name Sequence

Postby Hermitas » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Ironically, the doctrine of Original Sin originated with Augustine as well, who was using Paul to argue against Pelagius.

Romans 5:12
"Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned"

I Corinthians 15:22
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive."

No one ever should have listened to Paul in the first place. There's a lot of people no one ever should have listened to.

But, you know. He was confident. People like confidence. That I can tell you. I know. We're gonna have the best confidence. Believe me. We're gonna be number one in confidence... oh... wait, I got caught up again.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Luce » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:49 pm

I like Paul a lot, though I know most thelemites likely don't. Still, he seemed very spiritual. His Damascus road experience, his time learning directly from God in the wilderness after it.

If you read all of Paul's letters, there are some beautiful nuggets of spiritual wisdom. Union with God, our higher self being seated with God in heaven, the cosmic Christ... If you read his letters and look past some of the more salient issues of Pauline theology, there are some real gems in there.

I wrote a piece years ago - may still be around here somewhere - analyzing Job from the perspective that Job was an adept and this was his Adeptus Major initiation, his attainment of Geburah.

That sounds fascinating. I'd love to read it if you have any idea where it might be.
Luce
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Hermitas » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Luce wrote:I like Paul a lot, though I know most thelemites likely don't. Still, he seemed very spiritual. His Damascus road experience, his time learning directly from God in the wilderness after it.

If you read all of Paul's letters, there are some beautiful nuggets of spiritual wisdom. Union with God, our higher self being seated with God in heaven, the cosmic Christ... If you read his letters and look past some of the more salient issues of Pauline theology, there are some real gems in there.

Oh, I'm hard on him for sure. But if it was me, I probably would have done the same thing. Geez, some of the stuff I've done...

Yeah, there's a difference between the truth of an experience and the post-experience analysis, especially when we're trying to put it into words for other people - double-especially when trying to convert those people.

I just tend to stay {******} at him because I feel like he locked the historical interpretation of Jesus and his message into a very specific, post-Jewish, post-Pharisaic cultural mindset. Maybe beyond where they had been, but then locked it in.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Luce » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Thanks Jim!

Yeah, I can see that. He definitely was very missionally minded: he had a specific interpretation of Jesus and God's plan of redemption and wanted to crystalize it. I can see why he gets a bad rap in occult circles.
Luce
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Hermitas » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Check out that Job bit Jim posted.

"Yet we do speak wisdom among the mature..." - I Cor. 2:6

One wonders, ...and ends up here these days, I guess. Lol
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Luce » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Job analysis. Very interesting! I never thought of the book in that say, that's for sure. I should probably reread the Bible now that I've discovered the Bible. In my daily reading I'm already pretty surprised to pick up on things that I wouldn't have otherwise (like the interesting ways binah and chokmah are used together in so many passages).
Luce
Gold Member
Gold Member

Previous

Return to Qabbalah