Shem ha-Mephorash

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Shem ha-Mephorash

Postby hightemplar67 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:45 am

i am interested in working with the angels of the Shem ha-Mephorash. This refers to the Seventy Two Names of the Expounded Name YHVH.

Has anyone here worked with them before?

If i should go in another direction then thats fine too. I have been initiated and left for dead... I was able to pick myself up a bit but then i was attacked. Everything i knew has been wiped from my memory over the last few years and i need to basically start from scratch.

I have the book of abramelin and plan to use that as a start to gain a conversation with my holy angel.

Can someone here provide me with some basic guidance?
hightemplar67
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Re: Shem ha-Mephorash

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Sounds like you're going in several directions at once.

Or maybe not. Let me just ask: For what purpose do you want to work with these angels? Just to develop your magick skills? Or for some purpose distinctive to their natures? Or something else?

I've worked with them whenever I need to bring zodiacal energies down to moderately dense Yetzirah level. All the tables are in 776 1/2.

What do you want to know, exactly?
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby hightemplar67 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 pm

i need to be able to protect myself. i want to know if i need to focus on the angels or work with demons in qliptoth since i am contstantely under attack.

776 1/2 rings a bell but doesnt tell me enough to get bi day by day. especially when i am in a demonic environemnt. thank you for the kind response. once again i thank you. need i say i work in IT and i used to specialize in security. i am usually outnumbered 321.
hightemplar67
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Postby hightemplar67 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:19 pm

correction. 221.
hightemplar67
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 pm

hightemplar67 wrote:i need to be able to protect myself. i want to know if i need to focus on the angels or work with demons in qliptoth since i am contstantely under attack.

No, you don't need these in order to up your magical protection! In fact (if anything) dealing with either of those categories is likely to make things worse.

You seem freaking out a bit on this protection issue. That, by itself, is feeding your perception about needing more protection. (I'm in IT also - much work in security - but the magical approach is entirely different.) I suggest you get the Denning & Philips book on psychic self-defense and follow its highly reasonable recommendations:
http://www.amazon.com/Llewellyn-Practic ... 619&sr=1-1
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby hightemplar67 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:13 am

neither. in person initiation... very complicated.

im not freaking out but i must admit sometimes i feel off course and its hard to find people that will point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the suggestion. i will check on the book asap.
hightemplar67
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Postby hightemplar67 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:17 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:(I'm in IT also - much work in security - but the magical approach is entirely different.)

Can you elaborate on this? i would love to know more.
hightemplar67
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Postby Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 am

hightemplar67 wrote:
Jim Eshelman wrote:(I'm in IT also - much work in security - but the magical approach is entirely different.)

Can you elaborate on this? i would love to know more.

Well, I don't have a presentation on the matter - direct questions from you might draw a better response.

But this is the gist of what I mean: IT security requires hyper-attentiveness. Magical security requires a few hygienic basics in place, and then a state of mind that is closer to being oblivious to the entire issue. Hyper-attentiveness magnifies the scope of the actual problem because you draw yourself closer to whatever you put your attention on.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Bereshith » Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 am

Can anyone give the rationale for starting the Shem angel/zodiac correspondences in Leo instead of Aries?
Some people call me the space cowboy.
Bereshith
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby Bereshith » Fri May 11, 2012 1:23 pm

A man that can interact with himself across his timeline is regarded as mutable. A man that can interact with himself across his timeline is regarded as mutable. Cardinal is a designation that does not consider time.

This is interesting. Would you mind attempting to give examples of each quality as you imagine each man interacting with himself. I feel like I understand the abstraction but not how it plays out in the concrete thinking of the individual, if thinking is the right word for it.

Also, regarding the original question. I read a source online that said Crowley and the Golden Dawn started the Shem correspondences with the zodiac in Leo. It elaborated that Mathers considered the zodiac to begin at 0 degrees Leo instead of 0 degrees Aries. Okay, fine. Then why do they still start the 12 permutations of YHVH in Aries? It's just one of those places where it doesn't sound right.

All I want to do is to map out my tarot correspondences correctly so that I can do tarot mediations through the zodiac. I want to see how much the described qualities of each angel have to do with the qualities of each sign. But I really don't want to find out in 2 years that I've been doing it all wrong and that all my insights and observations about any correspondences that I may notice are completely off.

So Mathers considered the zodiac to being at 0 degrees Leo... That ain't what I hear here. So what gives?
Some people call me the space cowboy.
Bereshith

Postby Leo Buziki » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:22 am

Someone could help-me about the properties of the name Shem ha-Mephorash (i think that this topic is the right for my question hehe), and of his seventy two angels... I mean their relationship with all the frame of universe, etc.
I only found basic information in my books and sites, just like their qualities or even correspondences (maybe i dont sought at the right place, probably) :(

I'll be grateful :D
Leo Buziki
Copper Member
Copper Member

Return to Qabbalah