Sexual Alchemy Of The Thoth Tarot DVDS

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Sexual Alchemy Of The Thoth Tarot DVDS

Postby niveks » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:00 pm

93 All
Has anyone purchased the dvds that Lon Duquette made regarding the sexual alchemy in the thoth tarot as well as coverage of the rest of the cards? I know the focus is on the 22 trumps so does he explain all the symbolism in each major trump? How well does he explain the rest of the small cards & suits? I was thinking about buying it but before
i spend the $148 i would like to know if it is really worth it?

KM.
:bat:
niveks
Copper Member
Copper Member

Re: Sexual Alchemy Of The Thoth Tarot DVDS

Postby magictortoise » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 pm

niveks wrote:93 All
Has anyone purchased the dvds that Lon Duquette made regarding the sexual alchemy in the thoth tarot as well as coverage of the rest of the cards? I know the focus is on the 22 trumps so does he explain all the symbolism in each major trump? How well does he explain the rest of the small cards & suits? I was thinking about buying it but before
i spend the $148 i would like to know if it is really worth it?

KM.
:bat:

I have it, going through it right now. Honestly, i think its worth it - i am at 3d part - half way, he got into Trumps and very detailed; not too long - but he covers everything... Now, he refers heavily to his book - and i think that you can get the deck without the dvd's, with the book alone; while i am not sure the dvd's alone will have the same impact.
Its an awesome material, if that money won't hurt - otherwise, i think the book suffices (and maybe Wang's Qabbalistic Tarot, its a good one for Thoth too.)

Btw, he does explain Decans and all in detail - but since ia m totally in the dark there, to me it isn't of much help, i am no good in Astrology, so that part is quite waisted on me sadly. :(

shh, for myself i also got Astrology for dummies.... don't ask! :oops:
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Tinman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 pm

How detailed does he go into on the sexual symbolism?

For his online class, he pretty much just gave us a set of cards to meditate on as a formula for an act. No details. Just hints.
Tinman
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby magictortoise » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Tinman wrote:How detailed does he go into on the sexual symbolism?

For his online class, he pretty much just gave us a set of cards to meditate on as a formula for an act. No details. Just hints.

I have some hour and a half or so to go - but for now i don't think he goes further into the sexual symbolism, apart from some remarks and, like , joking comments... he goes like 'don't tell your mom you were at this class where they told you the Sun covers Fool's penis' , stuff like that, but not like a deep Freudian or alchemical thing or something.
Again - i still have to make it to the end, but honestly - i think its more of a handsome title than anything else, he does know his way with words and probably you noticed that his books also have this "screaming" titles too.
(But then, i love him, so would read his stuff - even if he wrote a train schedule or a cook book! :D)
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby niveks » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Magic T.

Hmmmmm so does he explain about the tiger biting the fool on his thigh or just a few symbols? As for as the decans
related to the small cards does he explain the planet & sign with the meaning & the sephira? For example the 9/swords Mars in Gemini does he go deeply into the astrology & is it the same meanings he gave in his book? I thought that he would cover all of the symbols in the Trumps not just a few. I don't know if i should buy it does the ordering info say anything about refunds?

Thanks....
niveks
Copper Member
Copper Member

Postby magictortoise » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:27 pm

niveks wrote:Hi Magic T.

Hmmmmm so does he explain about the tiger biting the fool on his thigh or just a few symbols? As for as the decans
related to the small cards does he explain the planet & sign with the meaning & the sephira? For example the 9/swords Mars in Gemini does he go deeply into the astrology & is it the same meanings he gave in his book? I thought that he would cover all of the symbols in the Trumps not just a few. I don't know if i should buy it does the ordering info say anything about refunds?

Thanks....

No prob, but i think that with such expectations your criteria won't be met - i am perfectly happy with what i got though.
Yours would require a week long course at least and this is not that - i don't even know where you could look for such a course - unless you did an individual , indepth research. To me dvd's are helpful, for you - i wouldn't know really.

I think here is all the info you need... or, at least, all the info you can get , without going through the actual dvd's
http://www.magicalegypt.com/ProductDeta ... Code=TTSAL
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby nashimiron » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 am

There's a fair bit about astrology in this title:

http://www.weiserantiquarian.com/cgi-bi ... 38831.html

Maybe they should have re-titled it "The Thoth Tarot, Astrology, & Other Selected Writings (about shagging!)" and then not included anything about shagging in it. :lol:
nashimiron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby magictortoise » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 am

nashimiron wrote:There's a fair bit about astrology in this title:

http://www.weiserantiquarian.com/cgi-bi ... 38831.html

Maybe they should have re-titled it "The Thoth Tarot, Astrology, & Other Selected Writings (about shagging!)" and then not included anything about shagging in it. :lol:

Thanks for the recommendation, its appreciated!!!!

Another suggestion for the title: GET REALLY HORNY WITH THOHT :angel:
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Qabbalah