Tarot question

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Tarot question

Postby Jason R » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:52 pm

"Do what Thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

What would be the basic or fundamental meaning of the combination of the two trumps The Lovers and The Sun be? I know, for example both cards represent twins, I.e. Heru-Ra-Ha, so what would this mixture represent Thelemic wise? Also, what does the adding of the cards trump numbers represent exactly? For example what would the sum of these two cards (25) reflect?

Thank you for your help!

Jason R
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Tarot question

Postby Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Daegal wrote:What would be the basic or fundamental meaning of the combination of the two trumps The Lovers and The Sun be? I know, for example both cards represent twins, I.e. Heru-Ra-Ha, so what would this mixture represent Thelemic wise? Also, what does the adding of the cards trump numbers represent exactly? For example what would the sum of these two cards (25) reflect?

I don't think you can answer this outside of the context of a particular divination.

Adding of the Trump numbers: I don't take that game very seriously.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: Tarot question

Postby Jason R » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Daegal wrote:What would be the basic or fundamental meaning of the combination of the two trumps The Lovers and The Sun be? I know, for example both cards represent twins, I.e. Heru-Ra-Ha, so what would this mixture represent Thelemic wise? Also, what does the adding of the cards trump numbers represent exactly? For example what would the sum of these two cards (25) reflect?

I don't think you can answer this outside of the context of a particular divination.

Adding of the Trump numbers: I don't take that game very seriously.

I see, ok. I saw Crowley using the adding of the numbers of the trumps, yet I wasn't sure what that was for. May I ask why that wouldn't be something to also use seriously? Thank you!
Jason R

Return to Qabbalah