Combined Trump visions

Q&A and discussion on the Hermetic Qabbalah

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Combined Trump visions

Postby Jason R » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Do what Thou Wilt.

Another Tarot question. Can one use a system that perhaps combines two Trumps together? I think, (and I could be wrong) that the enochian tablets have squares that combine trumps to describe symbolic qualities of a region. Could one travel to a region described by a mixture of two of the major arcana? If not why?

Thank you!

Jason R
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Combined Trump visions

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Of course. Check out the tarot meditation thread, where the minor arcana are considered in this way, corresponding to a pair of major arcana cards. :wink:
Every man and every woman is a star.
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Jason R » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:Of course. Check out the tarot meditation thread, where the minor arcana are considered in this way, corresponding to a pair of major arcana cards. :wink:

Oh ok! Awsome thank you!!
Jason R

Postby gmugmble » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:37 am

There's also a traditional cabalistic practice of meditating on the Hebrew letters in pairs. So you start with Aleph and Beth. Then you meditate on Aleph and Gimel, and so on, till you reach Shin and Tau. You could easily adapt this to the Tarot trumps.
-- Robert W

"Friends in the Dharma, be satisfied with your own heads. Do not put any false heads above your own. Then, minute after minute, watch your step closely." -- Nyogen Senzaki
gmugmble

Postby Jason R » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32 pm

gmugmble wrote:There's also a traditional cabalistic practice of meditating on the Hebrew letters in pairs. So you start with Aleph and Beth. Then you meditate on Aleph and Gimel, and so on, till you reach Shin and Tau. You could easily adapt this to the Tarot trumps.

Hmmmm ok. Wow. That's something new I never heard of, thank you! So when meditating on just the pairs of letters though, are you just letting ideas arise from their correspondences? Their numerical values?
Jason R

Postby gmugmble » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Daegal wrote:
gmugmble wrote:There's also a traditional cabalistic practice of meditating on the Hebrew letters in pairs. So you start with Aleph and Beth. Then you meditate on Aleph and Gimel, and so on, till you reach Shin and Tau. You could easily adapt this to the Tarot trumps.

Hmmmm ok. Wow. That's something new I never heard of, thank you! So when meditating on just the pairs of letters though, are you just letting ideas arise from their correspondences? Their numerical values?

I don't know of any "official instructions." I figure you can take the general idea and adapt it to your needs. If I were doing this, I would first have spent some time meditating on the individual letters and their associations. (I would rely heavily on the Tarot trumps, though that's not part of the traditional cabalistic practice.) Then when meditating in pairs, I would try to grasp what the two have in common, how they are different aspects of the Unity. My ultimate aim would be to have an understanding of the underlying unity of all things.

But that's just me.
-- Robert W

"Friends in the Dharma, be satisfied with your own heads. Do not put any false heads above your own. Then, minute after minute, watch your step closely." -- Nyogen Senzaki
gmugmble

Return to Qabbalah