Seed Mantra Syllables

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Seed Mantra Syllables

Postby ThelemicMage » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:30 pm

One thing that I should know better by now is the connections and attributions of Cakkras to their seed mantra syllables.

Meditating in the past, I only concentrated on the Cakkras and activated them with Kundalini. My current work, including patterning music with my ritual, involves me knowing the sounds of the elements of my work.

For instance, I am aware that Lam is the seed mantra syllable for Muladhara, the initial activation point of Kundalini herself. Might I ask if anyone has all the correct pronunciations for these syllables?

Reading informs me that Lam is pronounced "Lum".

But what about:
Vam
Ram
Yam
Ham
OM, (I can guess this one,)

Reading does not reveal a "seed mantra syllable" for Sahasrara, however there is the guru mantra in the guru sub-cakkra of Sahasrara.

Much appreciation in advance for reading through my confusion. Many thanks for any assistance.
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Seed Mantra Syllables

Postby Fr Seraphis » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 am

ThelemicMage wrote:Reading does not reveal a "seed mantra syllable" for Sahasrara,

Aum or Om.
-----------------
The Crowned and Conquering Child
Ra-hoor-khuit and The New Aeon of Light, Life, Love & Liberty
Blog | A∴A∴ | RHK Library
Fr Seraphis
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby IAO131 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Every system - even every teacher - has different attributions. The important thing is the use of the syllables, the work itself. Rather than remaining on the intellectual plane of figuring out the 'correct' or 'proper' syllables, one should experiment with them and see how they work. Good luck!

93 93/93
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
* [IAO131.com] *
Love is the law, love under will.
IAO131
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby danica » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 am

ThelemicMage, this instruction for pronouncing the bija mantras for Chakras may be useful --
http://www.gnspy.org/accurate_pronunciation_of_bija_mantras_/_chakras__n343.html
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Corvinae » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:00 am

I highly recommend the work of Anodea Judith and the cds and dvds of Deepak Chopra for help with this.

i have heard others, but those two really are my hands down favorites.

Maybe they can be found on youtube. I have them personally, but I have no computer, only this silly ipad, so I cant share.
Love is the Law.
Corvinae
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Uni_Verse » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Hu
There is only one verse,
sung in infinite ways.
-
"Here!"
I come or came?
I sung!
To seeD the Way
-
God sings,
WE experience:
THE UNIVERSE!
Uni_Verse
Nothing
Nothing

Postby ThelemicMage » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Thank you, everyone, for your assistance. I shall look into that work, Miss Veronica the Indian gypsy. :)

Universe, what does your "hu" refer to?

Peace and Power
Don't let the Wo/Man get you down. :lol:

Helping purify and align myself and the universe, one Chakra at a time.

279/3, Fraters and Sorors.
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Postby Uni_Verse » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:48 pm

ThelemicMage wrote:Universe, what does your "hu" refer to?

The form which may speak to ye most is as the Egyptian creative Word
Uttered by Atum when he begot his children
There is only one verse,
sung in infinite ways.
-
"Here!"
I come or came?
I sung!
To seeD the Way
-
God sings,
WE experience:
THE UNIVERSE!
Uni_Verse
Nothing
Nothing

Postby ThelemicMage » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Ah, I see. So this is the word from when he was alone, manipulating himself to creation or spitting creation that became Shu and Tefnut?

Does this correlate to a particular chakra, Muldahara or Svadhisthana?

Thank you, fellow traveler.

Frank

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Postby Uni_Verse » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 am

ThelemicMage wrote:Ah, I see. So this is the word from when he was alone, manipulating himself to creation or spitting creation that became Shu and Tefnut?

It is from the moment of orgasm as he spat forth Shu and Tefnut

ThelemicMage wrote:Does this correlate to a particular chakra, Muldahara or Svadhisthana?

Most often I have seen it attributed to the Ajna chakra.

In my own work I have used it to precede the Work proper, as an opening chant to channel the Divine Love.
It is sung to uplift the spirit and draw it closer to the Divine.

An interesting note is that in more modern times it has been used to refer to an entity that has a gender unknown, irrelevant or point fully being obscured.
There is only one verse,
sung in infinite ways.
-
"Here!"
I come or came?
I sung!
To seeD the Way
-
God sings,
WE experience:
THE UNIVERSE!
Uni_Verse
Nothing
Nothing

Postby ThelemicMage » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Kind of like "who", in relation to unknown gender.

It sounds like you could ad an M for a closely-sounding "Om", or "Aum", the sound of creation from beginning to end. So, if looked at in the Om perspective, it is the first two states of creation: creation and preservation.

This makes a bit of sense I suppose. I would like to study further in to this. Many thanks, Verses of Unification.

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Return to Mysticism