Epistemology of the HGA

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Postby Rey De Lupos » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:24 pm

Zeph wrote:

A distinction: We have been discussing speaking about an attainment, not an experience. If you ask if a teacher should relate experiences he or she has had to the student, I say certainly. Many or most of the experiences worth relating won't be understood unless the listener has had similar experiences, though, but they can point in the right direction nonetheless.

Absolutely, which is why I suggested the word experience, as the attainment can't be conveyed with words, but the the experiences can be shared in Light of the understanding of the student/chela/aspirant.

And as you and Jim suggest the sharing of those experiences can sometimes deliver the necessary element to keep the aspirant/student/chela moving along the Path to the Attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.'
93, 93/93

Fraternally in L.V.X.,
Rey
Rey De Lupos
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Steven Cranmer » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Not to beat a dead thread...

But I received that copy of Black Pearl 6 discussed earlier in this thread (the HGA issue). Lots of articles were great, but I was positively blown away by the exerpts from the journal of "Brother Proserpinus." This was an excellent example of the kind of thing that King of the Wolves put so nicely:
...the sharing of those experiences can sometimes deliver the necessary element to keep the aspirant/student/chela moving along the Path to the Attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.

In spades!

Jim, in your editorial you mentioned Soror Meral's desire to have Brother Proserpinus' magical record published eventually. Has there been any movement on that? I'd buy it! :D

Steve
Steven Cranmer
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Rey De Lupos » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:30 pm

Jim, in your editorial you mentioned Soror Meral's desire to have Brother Proserpinus' magical record published eventually. Has there been any movement on that? I'd buy it! [Very Happy]

DITTO! I would love to see this record published. In fact, I remember reading this when it was originally published and looking forward to its publlication... but, alas...

If I can do anything to aid in its publication let me know. I am willing to aid in the proofing or editorial. I can also research potential publishing agents and get you pricing. There is also the realm of electronic publishing, but I feel something like this needs hardcopy with a good 25 lb. paper.

And thank you for your kind remark, Steven.
93, 93/93

Fraternally in L.V.X.,
Rey
Rey De Lupos
Gold Member
Gold Member

Previous

Return to Mysticism