Stymied

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Re: Stymied

Postby Hermitas » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:36 am

Yeah, well, I can be shady like that sometimes. :) Some of us, though, (especially Moons in Pisces, imho) are designed to act it out - do the dance of the stars. Can't be helped. A bit "luna-tique" - compulsive astrological performance artists.

But really, honestly, without all the pomp, it was late on the weekend, and I was forced to be alone and sober, and I *have* been struggling with aspects of this Mars+Saturn/natal Mercury thing, and I was going to write and fuss, consequences be damned. So... whatever that means.

I've been thinking a lot about that feeling though - like Plato's analogy of the cave. Sometimes you want to try to force on people what can't be learned or accepted without experience. And you can't force the experience - or you can try, but there's a particular karma it generates. Instead, the kind of stuff that makes me feel like the one who returns to the cave in the analogy, desperate to free his friends and loved ones, is the kind of stuff that they'll only experience in real life only if they bind themselves to the seeking of it *themselves*. Otherwise, imo, they're *Lawfully* protected from it, and it's not healthy to fight that.

The rest is just the normal inner counter-instruction for taking an over-passionate side in reason's counterpointed edifice.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Re: Stymied

Postby Gnosomai Emauton » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:20 pm

To see the world as it is and to attempt to share that vision, you might have to accept that very few of your own epoch will get the message. But the message remains for those in the future...

758px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
758px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (217.06 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
Go in all ways contrary to the world.
Gnosomai Emauton
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Previous

Return to Mysticism