Anal bruising from Dragon asana

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Anal bruising from Dragon asana

Postby gerry456 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:31 am

During a daily asana regime I had a check up in the Drs. I had to get naked and he noticed bruises on my ass cheeks. Couldn't believe it and believe me the only culprit was my Dragon asana.
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Anal bruising from Dragon asana

Postby Jim Eshelman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:34 am

If you attach a dildo to your heel when practicing this asana, that will sometimes happen.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby gerry456 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:55 am

Ass cheeks ..,,,,not sphincter.

I think hat's what he meant anyway. I didn't get a mirror. lol

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby Takamba » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Maybe you are forcing a position, not being relaxed but rigid (they each exist and are different).
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Saeptus » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:06 am

During a daily asana regime I had a check up in the Drs. I had to get naked and he noticed bruises on my ass cheeks. Couldn't believe it and believe me the only culprit was my Dragon asana.

Seriously...
Saeptus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gerry456 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Takamba wrote:Maybe you are forcing a position, not being relaxed but rigid (they each exist and are different).

I don't know man. This asana caused me, personally speaking, a lot of unbalanced pain, on top of the apparent bruising. I did some research and yeah, bruising can be a side effect of this type of asana-work.

gerry456

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:56 pm

gerry456 wrote:Ass cheeks ..,,,,not sphincter.

You did say "anal."
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby gerry456 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:20 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
gerry456 wrote:Ass cheeks ..,,,,not sphincter.

You did say "anal."

oops
:oops:

gerry456

Postby danica » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:03 pm

maybe choose another asana.
or/and do some basic hatha-yoga prep (=make the body more flexible) before switching to asana-only sessions.
for example, look up the Surya Namaskara sequence.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Postby gerry456 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:07 am

danica wrote:maybe choose another asana.
or/and do some basic hatha-yoga prep (=make the body more flexible) before switching to asana-only sessions.
for example, look up the Surya Namaskara sequence.

Thanks I don't do that asana anymore. I ws doing daily for weeks but when you're hobbling around during the day you know it's not the one lol. However I think Crowley should've emphasised to make the body flexible via general hatha yoga twists/turns/stretches as an accompaniment to his yogic work. Offhand, I don't recall that he did other than warn about being generally healthy.

On that matter, I believe that apart from an injury, most working individuals suffer back pain via being inflexible and stiff during the working day so when they actually come to make a sudden and unexpected twist or turn, if they are stiff, then there's a problem.

gerry456

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:44 pm

And Crowley would have anticipated this 21st century problem how? This was not a common problem in 1909.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby gerry456 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:48 pm

I know a secretary who types a lot at her desk. She stood up the other day and her back "gave in". She couldn't walk and was in tears, she was off work for a week. The Dr/physio, according to her, explained that this was caused by sitting in the same position for long periods (I take it she was therefore stiff in her musculature?). Isn't this what we do during the Liber E asanas; sit still for long periods? Are we, therefore, in danger of undergoing the same fate as this secretary thereby..... or maybe she was sitting still for long periods in a stressed-out manner whereas Liber E asanas, although very uncomfortable at times, slow the breathing and heart rate down?

gerry456

Postby Jim Eshelman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:57 pm

She was sitting for longer periods, and there's also a good chance she was in an unbalanced, ergonomically harmful position.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby gerry456 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Word up.

gerry456

Postby ThelemicMage » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:22 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:And Crowley would have anticipated this 21st century problem how? This was not a common problem in 1909.

True that.

Me, I've tempered and toned my body through the use of various herbs that put one through a few years of hell, but leave you with a permanent temperament, even physical, (I never lose muscle tone now no matter how long I am lazy.)

That said, I rarely eat meat, and I cook all natural food with nothing to muck up the insides.

The dragon is my favourite asana, and I have no problem getting into, or holding the position.

Try all natural food. You can still eat meat, but not poo-meat from the poop-shack. (McDonalds, etc.)
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Return to Mysticism