Post-asana time

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Post-asana time

Postby gerry456 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Afetr an asana session. say, 20 minutes, should we rest or walk or is each individual different? Crowley described his post- asana time, once, as 10 minutes of agonizingly slowly straightening his leg. Naturally,in that sort of situation, one would want to rest until the body feels "normalized" again. I guess it depends how advanced we are in a particular asana e.g. after 20 minutes I tended to just rest and not make any sudden movements for a while after. That was early evening. For the rest of the night I could feel my muscles very slowly adjusting.

Zen Buddhists do a walking exercise after a zazen session. They walk around the zendo in single -file in a repeat loop. I don't know why.
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Post-asana time

Postby Jim Eshelman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:37 pm

No general rule is specified, other than to make an appropriate diary entry on the practice.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Return to Mysticism