Crowley Poetry - Mary/Nuit

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Crowley Poetry - Mary/Nuit

Postby Hermitas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:49 pm

Bear with me. My memory of this is shaky.

I think I read somewhere that A.C. once wrote a book of poetry that he passed off as, or almost passed off as, a collection of poems to Mary (as in Mary, Mother of Jesus). The Catholic Church, however, ultimately realized that they were really hymns to Nuit and rejected it.

Does anyone know of this collection or one that sounds like it? If so, is there a way to get access to it - book, online, etc.?

Thanks.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Re: Crowley Poetry - Mary/Nuit

Postby danica » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:57 pm

I've googled the words you put in the thread subject and this came up
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Stains
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby Hermitas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Ehhh... I don't think that's the one.

Who knows? It might have been someone's nonsense-post I read that in. It makes me wish I hadn't given away my copy of The Eye in the Triangle though.

Thanks anyway.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Hermitas » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:01 am

Here it is... Not quite what I thought it was. I was looking for something to maybe work into music. But it is very Mary and not so much Nuit.

https://plus.google.com/101682148959375 ... dYUcA6CrE8

But my own poetic flame has been... um... uhhh...
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby ThelemicMage » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:53 am

Do you speak of Amphora, or Hail Mary?

Good one.

Haven't finished it yet. It's in my pdf-viewer with about two dozen other things partially read.

Some interesting stuff in that Hail Mary.
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Postby Luce » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:37 pm

I know there was the poem he wrote for Vanity Fair (I believe) that was really a blasphemous acrostic against Mary... But that doesn't sound like what you're talking about.
Luce
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FiatYod » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:51 am

Hermitas wrote:Here it is... Not quite what I thought it was. I was looking for something to maybe work into music. But it is very Mary and not so much Nuit.

Well, as that article quotes from Crwoley's Confessions:
I simply tried to see the world through the eyes of a devout Catholic

So it seems like it wasn't really for Nuit.
A change of perspective is not only good for poetry, but it can actually be educational and enlightening. And as it ultimately leads you to understand others, you may say that it actually does have something to do with Nuit. :wink:
FiatYod
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ThelemicMage » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:50 am

A bit of insight into the aforementioned work.

https://plus.google.com/101682148959375207668/posts/CdYUcA6CrE8

You're welcome. Have a nice day.

*Bonghit*
“The mushroom said to me once, ‘Nature loves courage. Nature loves courage,’ and I said, ‘What’s the payoff on that?’ And it said, ‘It shows you it loves courage because it removes obstacles.’ You make a commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream, and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.” -Terrence McKenna

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Postby ThelemicMage » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:59 pm

FiatYod wrote:
Hermitas wrote:Here it is... Not quite what I thought it was. I was looking for something to maybe work into music. But it is very Mary and not so much Nuit.

Well, as that article quotes from Crwoley's Confessions:
I simply tried to see the world through the eyes of a devout Catholic

So it seems like it wasn't really for Nuit.
A change of perspective is not only good for poetry, but it can actually be educational and enlightening. And as it ultimately leads you to understand others, you may say that it actually does have something to do with Nuit. :wink:

Mary is Nuit, you twig. Nuit is the Goddess. I can't even go into the correlations right now.

Love is the Law,

Hail Eris!
All Hail Discordia!!

Love under Will
ThelemicMage

Return to Mysticism