Akasha Tattwa

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Akasha Tattwa

Postby Modest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Is akasha tattwa black or indigo (i.e. dark blue)? Regardie books show/write black. Thoth tarot 5 of Disks shows black. The Equinox I 4 pdf writes black but shows indigo. The Complete GD book in various places writes black & indigo.
What is the form of akasha tattwa? An egg; egg upsidedown; oval?
Are the tattwas visualised with black borders? Because one can't visualise akasha-akasha, tejas-tejas etc. tattwa without the latter in a border.
I think akasha is indigo, oval, with black borders.
Modest
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Frater SOL » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:40 pm

93 Modest,

I learned it as being indigo or violet & oval-shaped...
also:
(there is a fifth who is invisible, & therein am I as a babe in an egg.)[...]Purple beyond purple: it is the light higher than eyesight. - L II:49,51

93 93/93

Fra. S.O.L., IV (SRICF)
Frater SOL
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby Modest » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks for the reply, KRVB. And what do you think about the black borders? Theoreticaly if one meditates on akasha-akasha one needs borders but practicaly...?
Modest
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Frater SOL » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:09 pm

The proof would be in the pudding regardless...I would get experimental with it & document the results on each occasion.
For me, a seperation band would alter the symbol with new implications...rather than demark a 2nd Tattwa of the same color I think it might appear to me more as the Tattwa with something foreign running through it.
I'd go with either visualizing them intersecting on an axis(one verticle & one horizontal) or alotting 2 different colors all together like indigo on violet or indigo on black...

Fra. S.O.L., IV (SRICF)
Frater SOL

Return to Mysticism