Problems with asana

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Re: Problems with asana

Postby Archaeus » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:21 am

An hour four times a day?

You Sir, are quite mad.

And where do you find the time? I'm far too busy trying to get by to devote that much time to practice. And what asana are you using?

I know what you mean about the pain coming in waves, initially they used to come along in tight little bunches and I had to grit my teeth to get through them, now I find that they come along at about five or ten minute intervals. I too have found that towards the end of practice I sometimes get a detached feeling, which you could describe as "floating", although I am still aware of the body, although it is as if I am one step removed from it.

What is worse than the waves of discomfort, is when some part of the body develops a pain all by itself (the knees do this sometimes) and you would give anything to just stretch that leg for a moment, but of course, the moment you do that all is lost and you have to start again. :(
My hovercraft is full of eels!
Archaeus
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby Archaeus » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 am

Having said all that, I think there is one enemy that can easily kill all practice, and its name is:

BOREDOM

honestly; is it just me or is Asana quite simply the most boring thing imaginable? Some days I'd sooner sit on hot coals or be torn apart by wolves than sit on my mat and practice.
My hovercraft is full of eels!
Archaeus

Postby Lavir » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 am

Solitarius wrote:An hour four times a day?

You Sir, are quite mad.

And where do you find the time? I'm far too busy trying to get by to devote that much time to practice. And what asana are you using?

I don't work now so I have all the time I want. Anyway I have a lot of time to spare to do many other things (I'm working on Liber O part V primarily atm) the same.

6.00 AM - 7.00 AM, 12.00 AM - 01.00 PM, 18.00 PM - 19.00 PM, 23.00 PM - 24.00 PM.

Usually I don't do this much, but I wanted to see if I could conquer Asana soon (before I had to return to work), so as to benefit also the practice of Liber O (no needed, but it can help).

I use the God posture.

And yes, it is boring, a lot, but just for this it is an useful practice. All yoga I think it's extremely bothersome (apart maybe Pranayama) but that's one of the points.
Lavir
Copper Member
Copper Member

Previous

Return to Mysticism