LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby magictortoise » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:12 am

Dar wrote:I have a FB account but only use it once or twice a year at most. It irritates me that I can't delete the account.


Dar, you are doing great - i read elsewhere that you quit smoking - CONGRATS!!! I go crazy when i quit smoking, at least for first ten days or so :(
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby magictortoise » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:30 am

Another hats off to Jim : LIBER Θ is unsurpassed on Courts!!!
Some of the best books on the market, like Wang's Qabbalistic Tarot - fail badly on that one, LIBER Θ is a real eye-opener!
I have quoted bits (with all the credits, links etc., and nothing that would eventually breach the copyright) on a Tarot forum - and folks are totally mind-blown!

Yesterday i got it in a reading that i need to stabilize the energy of the Queen of Wands (and i felt it intuitively anyway), so i did the meditation with additional cards surrounding the Queen (as its suggested in LIBER Θ ) - and i must tell you that its an absolutely amazing experience!!!
I didn't read the whole book yet - so i don't know exactly why are those very minors + the Emperor chosen for the meditation on the Queen of Wands (i'll come to that later on i suppose, as i have a lot going on in rl and my work); but the point is that it does the magick! Its amazing how quickly and efficiently those meditations work!
I really recommend to everyone to do this meditation at least for their own Court!

Also, Jim, do you agree with this table?

Dates associated with Court cards, according to GD
(for choosing one's Court/Significator)

Queen of Wands: 20d Pisces - 20d Aries (Mar. 11 - April 11)
Prince of Coins: 20d Aries - 20d Taurus. (April 11-May 11)
Knight of Swords: 20d Taurus- 20d Gemini (May 11-June 11)
Queen of Cups: 20d Gemini to 20d Cancer (June 11-July 11)
Prince of Wands: 20d Cancer - 20d Leo (July 11-August 11)
Knight of Coins: 20d Leo - 20d Virgo (August 11 - Sep. 11)
Queen of Swords: 20d Virgo to 20 Libra (Sep. 11- Oct. 11)
Prince of Cups: 20d of Libra to 20d Scorpio (Oct. 11 - Nov 11)
Knight of Wands: 20d Scorpio - 20d Sagattarius (Nov 11- Dec 11)
Queen of Coins: 20d Sagittarius to 20d Capricorn (Dec 11 - Jan 11)
Prince of Swords: 20d Capricorn - 20d Aquarius (Jan 11- Feb 11)
Knight of Cups: 20d Aquarius-20d Pisces (Feb 11 - March 11)


Btw, another simple, yet efficient method to find out what energy is needed is to shuffle the deck (with intent!!!), cut it and then go through the cards , starting from the base - until you arrive to the first Court.
I do invocation before that, not sure whether it works otherwise (probably does.)
Last edited by magictortoise on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby magictortoise » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:35 am

Dar wrote:
magictortoise wrote:
Dar wrote:I have a FB account but only use it once or twice a year at most. It irritates me that I can't delete the account.


Dar, you are doing great - i read elsewhere that you quit smoking - CONGRATS!!! I go crazy when i quit smoking, at least for first ten days or so :(


Thanks... I'm crazy anyway though. 8 days... :lol:

Me too, don't your worry... and i feel we are among kindred souls here. ;)

Bravo to you!


Dar wrote:I think I must be on a self-improvement month - quitting coffee too, drinking green tea, vitamins and getting myself some kelp! It just seemed to happen... that I started looking after myself better.

Dar, i don't know about Thelema much (close to nothing :( ) - as of yet, but by Jewish/Kabbalist calendar, its exactly the period of year for that, before the new year, its called Teshuva - going back to one's real self and working through all the stuff we have even from past lives. I feel it too and am trying to work through my own (numerous) issues! Best of luck!
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby magictortoise » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:15 am

Dar wrote:
magictortoise wrote:
Dar wrote:I think I must be on a self-improvement month - quitting coffee too, drinking green tea, vitamins and getting myself some kelp! It just seemed to happen... that I started looking after myself better.

Dar, i don't know about Thelema much (close to nothing :( ) - as of yet, but by Jewish/Kabbalist calendar, its exactly the period of year for that, before the new year, its called Teshuva - going back to one's real self and working through all the stuff we have even from past lives. I feel it too and am trying to work through my own (numerous) issues! Best of luck!


Aha! Nice. :-) That chimes with a divination I did last night too. It featured a reference to 'a scribe - in the Jewish sense of "One who reads and explains the Law to the People.' And there was a certain strong desire to go to Nice (in France) and 'choose at will from the philosophies there in an eclectic manner'... and something about an Eaglet. lol.

Wow, how cool is that?! Btw, if at any point of time you'd like me to do a Tarot reading for you , just say so, ok?
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby magictortoise » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:43 am

Dar wrote:
magictortoise wrote:Wow, how cool is that?! Btw, if at any point of time you'd like me to do a Tarot reading for you , just say so, ok?


That would be cool Ruth! I'll wait until I have something to ask. :-) And likewise - if you'd like to double check your results any time with a spot of bibliomancy then just give me a shout. I've been doing bibliomancy since I was a kid. :wink:

Yay! Awesome! I will! Thank you.
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby Takamba » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 am

Dar wrote:I think I must be on a self-improvement month - quitting coffee too, drinking green tea, vitamins and getting myself some kelp! It just seemed to happen... that I started looking after myself better.


You are quite right! September is Self-Awareness/Self Improvement Month in the States.
Last edited by Takamba on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
User avatar
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37 am

magictortoise wrote:Also, Jim, do you agree with this table?

Dates associated with Court cards, according to GD
(for choosing one's Court/Significator)

The table you gave refers to Tropical zodiac positions of the Sun. It's correctly executed but (since you asked) I don't agree with it for two reasons:
(1) It's based on a zodiac that doesn't exist.
(2) Even if that weren't true, I don't think this model of assigned degrees is the best way to pick a significator. It forces things in too many wrong directions.

There are many useful ways to pick a significator. My favorite involving the Court Cards is to pick the suit according to the Element of your Sidereal Sun-sign, and the rank according to whether you are mature male, mature female, young male, or young female. Even then, be flexible, because we all play different functions at different times and settings, and the significator can shift and evolve according to that. (I think I gave elsewhere the example of late 20's when I tended to appear as the Knight of Disks when I was 'myself,' Prince of Wands when the reading was about me as protoge to my Aries boss at the time [who always appeared as the Knight of Wands], and The Hermit when my spiritual development was the issue.)
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles
 
Posts: 9590
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby magictortoise » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:39 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
magictortoise wrote:Also, Jim, do you agree with this table?

Dates associated with Court cards, according to GD
(for choosing one's Court/Significator)

The table you gave refers to Tropical zodiac positions of the Sun. It's correctly executed but (since you asked) I don't agree with it for two reasons:
(1) It's based on a zodiac that doesn't exist.
(2) Even if that weren't true, I don't think this model of assigned degrees is the best way to pick a significator. It forces things in too many wrong directions.

There are many useful ways to pick a significator. My favorite involving the Court Cards is to pick the suit according to the Element of your Sidereal Sun-sign, and the rank according to whether you are mature male, mature female, young male, or young female. Even then, be flexible, because we all play different functions at different times and settings, and the significator can shift and evolve according to that. (I think I gave elsewhere the example of late 20's when I tended to appear as the Knight of Disks when I was 'myself,' Prince of Wands when the reading was about me as protoge to my Aries boss at the time [who always appeared as the Knight of Wands], and The Hermit when my spiritual development was the issue.)


Thank you so much for this input!
Its a wide-spread one, but for some (intuitive) reason i don't really use it either, for now i use that shuffling method i described.
I have a lot of catching up to do in the domain of Astrology; i understand only superficially what you are referring to as i am right now on the level of (for the first time) reading Crowley's Astrology.
(I did have - since i joined here - a cool horoscope done by a member of this forum, a pro astrologer, which i liked. ;) )
So, there is a lot of learning for me ahead. Sigh/yay! ;)
I will search the forum for that example that you mention, sounds most interesting! Btw, many google searches on that and other topics lead me (once again) here - so i guess i'd better find and learn to use the forum's search option!

Could i ask you something more?
Which books would you recommend for studying?

Thank you in advance!
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:06 am

magictortoise wrote:Which books would you recommend for studying?

Nothing in print that would serve your needs that I'd recommend - BUT, I'd recommend the online resources at www.solunars.org (especially the introductory essays) and the companion forum, www.solunars.net. (Key parts of the forum are linked from .org also.)
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles
 
Posts: 9590
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby magictortoise » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:08 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
magictortoise wrote:Which books would you recommend for studying?

Nothing in print that would serve your needs that I'd recommend - BUT, I'd recommend the online resources at http://www.solunars.org (especially the introductory essays) and the companion forum, http://www.solunars.net. (Key parts of the forum are linked from .org also.)


Jim, thank you so much!!! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!!! I am deeply grateful to you for this and everything else you do for us!
magictortoise
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: LIBER Θ Tarot Symbolism and Divination

Postby gmugmble » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
magictortoise wrote:Which books would you recommend for studying?

Nothing in print

The out-of-print stuff is still available through used book suppliers if you hunt a bit.
-- Robert W

"Friends in the Dharma, be satisfied with your own heads. Do not put any false heads above your own. Then, minute after minute, watch your step closely." -- Nyogen Senzaki
User avatar
gmugmble
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:42 pm
Location: Everett, WA, USA

Previous

Return to Mysticism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest