Mystic powers

Q&A and discussion on yoga and other avenues of mysticism

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Re: Mystic powers

Postby Bereshith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:37 am

One way I can conceive of what happens to me sometimes is that at times, my thoughts seem ordered so that their own unfolding occurs in a manner synchronized to events in my surroundings.

If I run that through the chicken-or-the-egg machine, however, I can get a little irritable and looney.

It's just easier to understand as my thoughts having become temporarily synched to external events - so that they and the conversation in my mind mirror and answer one another.

Then, switching back can be very disappointing and confusing.

I have to trick myself, but I leave bread crumbs. :twisted: It can really take on aspects of "bargaining," from the stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance). This last part, I don't understand very well. It always feels like losing (as opposed to Winning! I guess :wink: ). But I'm getting better at the whole experience - kind of like progressive desensitization leading in and in the experience and - well, I feel like I'm getting weaned off the experience on the other side of it. That's a new insight for me - like going through a withdrawal. Weird.
Some people call me the space cowboy.
Bereshith
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Mystic powers

Postby TruthSeeker » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 pm

When I was a kid I had so many abilities it boggles my mind to remember all I could do. I have since lost touch with those gifts and I have lways wondered why. I wasn't traumtized by them...rather I remember , in a very child-like way, feeling that they connected me to something greater and gave me peace. I would love to get back to that place again.
TruthSeeker
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Previous

Return to Mysticism