25 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:30-33

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

25 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:30-33

Postby Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:11 am

30. I came to the house of the Beloved, and the wine was like fire that flieth with green wings through the world of waters.
31. I felt the red lips of nature and the black lips of perfection. Like sisters they fondled me their little brother; they decked me out as a bride; they mounted me for Thy bridal chamber.
32. They fled away at Thy coming; I was alone before Thee.
33. I trembled at Thy coming, O my God, for Thy messenger was more terrible than the Death-star.
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: 25 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:30-33

Postby RobertAllen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:41 am

30. I came to the house of the Beloved, and the wine was like fire that flieth with green wings through the world of waters.
31. I felt the red lips of nature and the black lips of perfection. Like sisters they fondled me their little brother; they decked me out as a bride; they mounted me for Thy bridal chamber.
32. They fled away at Thy coming; I was alone before Thee.
33. I trembled at Thy coming, O my God, for Thy messenger was more terrible than the Death-star.

Nature and perfection are now contrasted and used in a dialectic fashion to point to something beyond them. I feel I have been set up for this strategem. Before reading the above I would have simply assumed the the perfection was the transcendent point all of this was tending towards, but here is it treated as just another half of a binary set of concepts that has to be transcended.

Not even 'death' can describe it, and I'm left grasping at nothing—my hands are empty.

This is a very beautiful and powerful passage. It's hard to describe exactly what it does to me when I read it. It is both destructive and suggestive t the same time.

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 25 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:30-33

Postby Tinman » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 am

"Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive."
Tinman
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive