31 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:48-49

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

31 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:48-49

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:11 am

48. O day of Eternity, let Thy wave break in foamless glory of sapphire upon the laborious coral of our making!
49. We have made us a ring of glistening white sand, strewn wisely in the midst of the Delightful Ocean.
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: 31 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:48-49

Postby RobertAllen » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:14 pm

48. O day of Eternity, let Thy wave break in foamless glory of sapphire upon the laborious coral of our making!
49. We have made us a ring of glistening white sand, strewn wisely in the midst of the Delightful Ocean.

It is word-glut. This is not a criticism, it's just how it seems with all the images and qualifiers of images—foamless, sapphire, glistening of the Delightful Ocean! It's almost Glossolalia...

I get like this myself sometimes, except here I'm pretty sure it's because the writer is being swamped by an experience and the tongue is simply responding like severed frog-legs attached to an electrical charge...

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 31 July (Fire) Liber LXV, 4:48-49

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:33 am

This is quite a spectacular image. I recommend simply visualizing yourself, in meditation, beneath an incessant falling wave of sapphire-colored "foamless glory," and with the understanding that it is the braeking in upon your reality of the "day of Eternity."

Coral - fascinating! It is the result of communal world. This is a rare and fascinating look at the shared, communal, even species-level unconscious collaboration in the Great Work. In some other year I really should explore that one symbol more fully.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive