21 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:22-23

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

21 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:22-23

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:34 am

22. Even as the diamond shall glow red for the rose, and green for the rose-leaf; so shalt thou abide apart from the Impressions.
23. I am thou, and the Pillar is 'stablished in the void.
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: 21 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:22-23

Postby RobertAllen » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:00 am

22. Even as the diamond shall glow red for the rose, and green for the rose-leaf; so shalt thou abide apart from the Impressions.

I once owned a copy of the Holy Books, which included LXV. This was a very long time ago now. Much of the text seems familiar for this reason, but generally I do not remember it well enough to anticipate it. The sentiment in 22 is almost exactly what I wrote yesterday. I thought I was making a comment when fact was I was simply stating something just over the horizon I had read many years before.

It is a potent analogy, and pretty much stands alone for that reason. Is this how we are to understand 'I am thou', as a mingling of impression and substance?

Is the Pillar a result of this identification; or just a fact that stands along side of it; or are they two goals, different, but noteworthy that both are achieved?

The Pillar itself stands as an edifice. What is achieved her? What primal desire or plan is finally realized?

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby mojorisin44 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Though the “Impressions” change depending on perspective – “…thou abide apart…”. “Every number is infinite; there is no difference”. “I am thou” sounds like accomplishment and a result is symbolized by the Pillar “ ’stablished in the void”. The pillar, as I understood from an earlier verse in the chapter, was established when the child Hoor appeared. I can take this to mean that when Ra-Hoor-Khuit, my HGA, is manifest within myself then this Pillar will be apparent that is erected in the void.
mojorisin44

Postby Al-Shariyf » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:32 am

Even as the diamond shall glow red for the rose, and green for the rose-leaf; so shalt thou abide apart from the Impressions.

The image I get of this is of a diamond in front of the bud of the rose, which is gives the appearance of it being red. Moving the diamond down to the leaf, it takes on the appearance of being green. But it's a totally different object than the rose.
"To advance—that means Work. Patient, exhausting, thankless, often bewildering Work. Dear sister, if you would but Work! Work blindly, foolishly, misguidedly, it doesn’t matter in the end: Work in itself has absolute virtue." -Magick Without Tears
Al-Shariyf

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 am

(On a "day off" for these, I'm catching up posting diary entries that I didn't get added to these threads over the summer.)

The metaphor is from Patanjali. We are reflections of impressions, which dance upon our surface without altering what we inherently are. The least part of this verse pair is the important drawing of attention to the withn rather than the without, and the familiar instruction that what one is can be discerned by intimate knowledge of that which lies within. (My remarks are badly stated, but I think the point is made.)
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive