24 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:29

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

24 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:29

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 am

29. Ruddy are the gleams of ruby and gold that sparkle therein; one drop shall intoxicate the Lord of the Gods my servant.
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: 24 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:29

Postby RobertAllen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 am

29. Ruddy are the gleams of ruby and gold that sparkle therein; one drop shall intoxicate the Lord of the Gods my servant.

Insecurity messes with me. I want to say the the servant is the scribe, but the added idea that this is also the Lord of the Gods does not seem to fit my previous assumptions about the nature and limitations of the scribe.

Apart from this confusion the text suggests that things have become volatile. The earth is not fixed, but tends to excite and intoxicate. As wine I would relate it to my ideas about Alchemical Mercury, mid-way between sat and sulfur—neither committed or stuck, but limpid, that perfect blend of earth and fire manifesting as water, or wine.

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive