28 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:41-42

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

28 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:41-42

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:24 pm

41. And again I was caught up into the presence of my Lord Adonai, and the knowledge and Conversation of the Holy One, the Angel that Guardeth me.
42. O Holy Exalted One, O Self beyond self. O Self-Luminous Image of the Unimaginable Naught, O my darling, my beautiful, come Thou forth and follow me.
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: 28 August (Spirit) Liber LXV, 5:41-42

Postby RobertAllen » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:28 pm

41. And again I was caught up into the presence of my Lord Adonai, and the knowledge and Conversation of the Holy One, the Angel that Guardeth me.
42. O Holy Exalted One, O Self beyond self. O Self-Luminous Image of the Unimaginable Naught, O my darling, my beautiful, come Thou forth and follow me.

One wonders exactly what this description indicates:
Self-Luminous Image of the Unimaginable Naught

One wonders, only marginally in terms of what it would look like, and mostly to the point, that it would/could look like anything at all. I can't separate the idea of an 'image' from those convenient forms in the mind that are little more than the symbolic stand-ins for psychic realities. I'm tempted to imagine asking the question: haven't we had enough of that sort of thing by now? Fact is, I just don't know, but the words get me thinking...

Also, this statement implies a lot:
...come Thou forth and follow me.

Echoes of Liber Samekh! Nevertheless, it is still a bit of a shock to read that the angel should follow the master, not the other way around. I suppose I could construct an argument explaining this gesture in terms of the primacy of the True Will, but I would only be doing just what I said—constructing an argument. It's just an odd turn of phrase because there are any number of other ways to say something similar, while also being less hierarchical.

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive