15 September (Mars) Liber VII, 1:33-40

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

15 September (Mars) Liber VII, 1:33-40

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:48 am

33. Fall not into death, O my soul! Think that death is the bed into which you are falling!
34. O how I love Thee, O my God! Especially is there a vehement parallel light from infinity, vilely diffracted in the haze of this mind.
35. I love Thee. I love Thee. I love Thee.
36. Thou art a beautiful thing whiter than a woman in the column of this vibration.
37. I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above.
38. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre.
39. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
40. When Thou shall know me, O empty God, my flame shall utterly expire in Thy great N.O.X.
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: 15 September (Mars) Liber VII, 1:33-40

Postby RobertAllen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:02 am

33. Fall not into death, O my soul! Think that death is the bed into which you are falling!
34. O how I love Thee, O my God! Especially is there a vehement parallel light from infinity, vilely diffracted in the haze of this mind.
35. I love Thee. I love Thee. I love Thee.
36. Thou art a beautiful thing whiter than a woman in the column of this vibration.
37. I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above.
38. But it is death, and the flame of the pyre.
39. Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
40. When Thou shall know me, O empty God, my flame shall utterly expire in Thy great N.O.X.

Zeno's paradox: Achilles and the Tortoise

Sexual metaphor of the day: the tease

You never quite get there. It's romanticized and anticipated to no end, but there is always some little thing left—the previous distance halved, and that halved again into eternity.

We are told: When Thou shall know me, O empty God, my flame shall utterly expire in Thy great N.O.X.

But does this actually happen? Will the soul actually get laid, fully and thoroughly {******}?

Fall not into death, O my soul! Well, it is or it isn't.

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive