27 September (Jupiter) Liber VII, 3:20-26

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

27 September (Jupiter) Liber VII, 3:20-26

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:52 am

20. Let it be soon, O God, my God! I ache for Thee, I wander very lonely among the mad folk, in the grey land of desolation.
21. Thou shalt set up the abominable lonely Thing of wickedness. Oh joy! to lay that corner-stone!
22. It shall stand erect upon the high mountain; only my God shall commune with it.
23. I will build it of a single ruby; it shall be seen from afar off.
24. Come! let us irritate the vessels of the earth: they shall distil strange wine.
25. It grows under my hand: it shall cover the whole heaven.
26. Thou art behind me: I scream with a mad joy.
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: 27 September (Jupiter) Liber VII, 3:20-26

Postby RobertAllen » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:08 am

20. Let it be soon, O God, my God! I ache for Thee, I wander very lonely among the mad folk, in the grey land of desolation.
21. Thou shalt set up the abominable lonely Thing of wickedness. Oh joy! to lay that corner-stone!
22. It shall stand erect upon the high mountain; only my God shall commune with it.
23. I will build it of a single ruby; it shall be seen from afar off.
24. Come! let us irritate the vessels of the earth: they shall distil strange wine.
25. It grows under my hand: it shall cover the whole heaven.
26. Thou art behind me: I scream with a mad joy.

Jupiter is a little harder for me than Saturn. I suppose this is a temperament issue. But following the text these last couple of days it occurs to me that all consideration of 'god' will be one that overflows the bounds of something. It makes sense to talk about god when discussing the text as the word is used constantly. But what is meant by this word is always something beyond the norm, always.

The idea is to figure out where the line is and say to oneself: but my god is this and that which is beyond, always.

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 27 September (Jupiter) Liber VII, 3:20-26

Postby Zafero Berro » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:38 am

The proximity of abominable and desolation made me think of this New Testament quote.

Matthew 24:15 et seq
15 “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand) then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak...

Which in turn brings to mind the following passage which would have been well-known to GM Therion.

Revelation 13:14
...And by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.

In the first quote the statue being spoken of was indeed Jupiter - Antiochus IV had it set up in the Temple at Jerusalem.
Zafero Berro
Copper Member
Copper Member

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive