8 October (Sol) Liber VII, 4:54-59

Archive of discussions from a prior (partial) round.

Moderator: Moderators - Public

8 October (Sol) Liber VII, 4:54-59

Postby RobertAllen » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:50 am

54. Let us make ourselves into a pleasant bait, into a seductive shape!
55. I will be like a splendid naked woman with ivory breasts and golden nipples; my whole body shall be like the milk of the stars. I will be lustrous and Greek, a courtesan of Delos, of the unstable Isle.
56. Thou shalt be like a little red worm on a hook.
57. But thou and I will catch our fish alike.
58. Then wilt thou be a shining fish with golden back and silver belly: I will be like a violent beautiful man, stronger than two score bulls, a man of the West bearing a great sack of precious jewels upon a staff that is greater than the axis of the all.
59. And the fish shall be sacrificed to Thee and the strong man crucified for Me, and Thou and I will kiss, and atone for the wrong of the Beginning; yea, for the wrong of the beginning.
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 8 October (Sol) Liber VII, 4:54-59

Postby RobertAllen » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:12 pm

54. Let us make ourselves into a pleasant bait, into a seductive shape!
55. I will be like a splendid naked woman with ivory breasts and golden nipples; my whole body shall be like the milk of the stars. I will be lustrous and Greek, a courtesan of Delos, of the unstable Isle.
56. Thou shalt be like a little red worm on a hook.
57. But thou and I will catch our fish alike.
58. Then wilt thou be a shining fish with golden back and silver belly: I will be like a violent beautiful man, stronger than two score bulls, a man of the West bearing a great sack of precious jewels upon a staff that is greater than the axis of the all.
59. And the fish shall be sacrificed to Thee and the strong man crucified for Me, and Thou and I will kiss, and atone for the wrong of the Beginning; yea, for the wrong of the beginning.

This is really good!

I was hoping for something like this. Got to admit, the previous couple of days were challenging, but this rocks. I could learn this by heart. I could repeat it to myself, endlessly. Maybe I will, someday.

Love and Will
"I remember seeing Atlas looking at a world whose hoops and rings had been broken by Copernicus, where Tycho Brahe placed his back beneath the globe, and a shouting Ptolemy tried to support the round lump, to stop it from falling into the void. In the mean time Copernicus was breaking many crystal spheres that were placed around the globe and was stamping out the little lights that flickered in the crystal jars." (de Hooghe, Hieroglyphica, Amsterdam, 1744)
RobertAllen

Return to Meditation of the Day Archive