Reincarnation

Q&A and discussion on the world view encapsulating humanity's current stage of evolution

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Postby DavidH » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:43 pm

It helps and I appreciate you sharing. I know things like this are personal. Since I myself have not experienced it (or at least didn't know it when I was), I am interested in what to look for.

Thanks!
In LVX,
David

"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains."
Liber L - II, 9
93 93/93
DavidH
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Froclown » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:06 am

I can not claim to understand everything, Quantum mechanics shows us some crazy phenomena.

Them we have the results of parapsychology, remote viewing, micro-telekinesis, teleportation of quantum states, effects oy observation on probability outcomes, but there is no reason to assume these things do not have explanations.

The sort of explanation is not a mystical, supernatural or one that devises faith is metaphysical entities such as souls or forces that have no physical propagation, or events that act without some mechanism of action.

The soul fits the category of a hypothetical metaphysical entity that some how achieves its ends without any sort of mechanism of action.

I can point to the mechanism of parts in the brain that achieves the ends of thought, but I see nothing that corresponds to a soul.

The soul is postulated on assumption, without anything that corresponds to it.

To say the soul is the cause is no different that to say I dank know it just does.

Of light bulbs have luminescent properties in them that make them light up.

So light bulbs light up because they have light in them.

Or fruit is good for ou because it has nutrients
What is a nutrient? Why its something thats good for you.

Chemistry and physics explain what nutrient chemicals are and how light bulbs work.
Froclown
Possible Troll
Possible Troll

Re: Reincarnation

Postby Francis1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 am

Interesting topic.
I don't mean to re-open old war wounds, but i did want to comment.
Personally, i don't think all that much about the concept of past or future lives.
I've got enough to deal with in the here and now.
In no way am i saying that past or future incarnations don't exist, i just think (I MIGHT) get side tracked if i started thinking about past or future and didn't concentrate on where I'm at here and now.
This may be a flawed way of looking at it, but it's where I'm at at this moment.
Francis1
Copper Member
Copper Member

Previous

Return to Thelema