6 =5 Leader in your field

Q&A and discussion on the world view encapsulating humanity's current stage of evolution

Moderator: Moderators - Public

6 =5 Leader in your field

Postby gerry456 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:58 am

After KACHGA the karma yoga work of the next grade 6=5 is said to involve you becoming a leader in your field where your True Will is truly honed.

Does this mean that any e.g. research scientists or professor or industrialist is literally the equivalent to that grade?

What about Frater Achad and Soror Meral or Karl Germer? They were leaders in their field? I recall that Crowley labelled Besant as a black magician who was trying to magically attack an adept i.e. Louis Pasteur. The point being that Pasteur, being a leader in his field, his beneficial contribution to the community far outweighed Besant's pettiness.
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 6 =5 Leader in your field

Postby Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that this has anything to do with your earthly occupation. Soror Meral and Frater Saturnus were successful in their professional lives, but I wouldn't say "leaders in their field." That wasn't their real work.

Soror Meral's real work, for instance, involved founding and running College of Thelema, and in this was became a great success and a major contributor to "her line of work." Germer was especially a supporter of Crowley in diverse ways including seeing to the publication of several unpublished works after Crowley's death.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby gerry456 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 pm

Apologies I meant 7=4 not 6=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPyIMW2whN4 David Shoemaker on True Will 13m55s in.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:23 pm

gerry456 wrote:Apologies I meant 7=4 not 6=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPyIMW2whN4 David Shoemaker on True Will 13m55s in.

None of these grades have anything to do with your mundane career, per se.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby gerry456 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:[]
None of these grades have anything to do with your mundane career, per se.

I see. Thanks. That makes sense, seeing as careers are at the mercy of economic and political structures and other factors. Uganda under Amin for example.

gerry456

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 pm

What you might be remembering is that the 7=4, in the course of finishing the task of the grade, does certain things that turns them into the leader of a school of thought.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby gerry456 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:What you might be remembering is that the 7=4, in the course of finishing the task of the grade, does certain things that turns them into the leader of a school of thought.

I get it.

gerry456

Return to Thelema