No mention of karma and reincarnation in Liber Legis

Q&A and discussion on the world view encapsulating humanity's current stage of evolution

Moderator: Moderators - Public

No mention of karma and reincarnation in Liber Legis

Postby Hermitas » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:09 pm

I have some questions that have been stewing. I'm going to go ahead ask them.

Liber Legis just makes it sound like when you die, you dissolve out into bliss, and that's it. Unless I missed it, there's no mention of karma or reincarnation into that karma.

Why is that?
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Re: No mention of karma and reincarnation in Liber Legis

Postby Takamba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Because you die. Whether a King or a fool. Death is all that awaits.

Now this seemingly limitless thing, this sometimes still quiet thing, this sometimes roiling thing called Being; that will never die. Heck, all it does is seem to be. Or maybe, all it seems to be is just being. Ever there, always moving, never changing. It is not you.
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Hermitas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:01 pm

I think it's because Liber Legis isn't written to persuade people one way or the other.

"He that is righteous shall be righteous still; he that is filthy shall be filthy still."

Belief in reincarnation tends to make people more circumspect about the course of their lives and what it might mean for the next one.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby oldfriend56 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm

"And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body."
oldfriend56
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Takamba » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:55 am

Another concept to contemplate in meditation might be: "Re" incarnation is a misnomer. The "continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body" suggest one and one incarnation alone, with many many many many mirrors I suppose. But I get ahead of myself.
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Return to Thelema