How much of The Equinox is really necessary?

Q&A and discussion on the Path of Initiation

Moderator: Moderators - Public

How much of The Equinox is really necessary?

Postby FiatYod » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:31 am

I just finished reading the short story The Magic Glasses from Vol. I of The Equinox, and even though it was a nice story, I am a little disappointed. The whole story could be summarized in one paragraph, and I feel that its message is quite obvious.
Since I have ~9.5 volumes left to read (and some other books) for the purpose of initiation, I wonder: how much of The Equinox is necessary for initiation? What parts of it are the most important? How well should I familiarize myself with its contents?

Cheers :D
FiatYod
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: How much of The Equinox is really necessary?

Postby Takamba » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:38 am

The entire volume is worth the read imo, but I suspect that whatever the contents of the Gems From The Equinox book has in it (I don't have that), that's probably it.

Don't you just love all the Postcards To Probationers? :lol:
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Postby zeph » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:37 am

There have been more initiates who haven't read The Equinox than who have, so I guess the answer to the question "how much of The Equinox is necessary for initiation?" must be zero.
zeph

Postby FiatYod » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:13 pm

zeph wrote:There have been more initiates who haven't read The Equinox than who have, so I guess the answer to the question "how much of The Equinox is necessary for initiation?" must be zero.

Oh, that's interesting... I thought initiates are expected to read all the books in the list before initiation.
FiatYod
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Gnosomai Emauton » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:39 pm

That is the expectation of Students of the A.'.A.'., certainly. However, the A.'.A.'. came into being in the first decade of the last century so there were countless initiates prior for whom it wasn't even available.
Go in all ways contrary to the world.
Gnosomai Emauton
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Return to Initiation