greater ritual of the hexagram question

Discussion & announcements concerning "776 1/2: Tables of Correspondences for Practical Ceremonial"

Moderator: Moderators - Public

greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby bdc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 am

in the footnote on pg. 184 of 776 1/2: "for example, if you are doing a jupiter working down to the level of physical manifestation, you want the hierarchy down to assiah. Thus, you would vibrate El (for Atziluth), Tzadqiel (for Briah), Khasmalim (for Yetzirah), and Tzedek (for Assiah); and then the phrase we are abbreviating by the letters A.R.A.R.I.T.A."

Tzedek is the name of the Heaven of Assiah which corresponds to Jupiter. Would it not, however, be more correct to use the Planetary Angel in Assiah name (col. 407 of 776 1/2) instead? in this example, "Sakhiel" rather than "Tzedek"?
bdc
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 am

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 am

bdc wrote:in the footnote on pg. 184 of 776 1/2: "for example, if you are doing a jupiter working down to the level of physical manifestation, you want the hierarchy down to assiah. Thus, you would vibrate El (for Atziluth), Tzadqiel (for Briah), Khasmalim (for Yetzirah), and Tzedek (for Assiah); and then the phrase we are abbreviating by the letters A.R.A.R.I.T.A."

Tzedek is the name of the Heaven of Assiah which corresponds to Jupiter. Would it not, however, be more correct to use the Planetary Angel in Assiah name (col. 407 of 776 1/2) instead? in this example, "Sakhiel" rather than "Tzedek"?

Angels are Yetziratic. The planetary angel's name would provide an additional tool in the Yetziratic level, but wouldn't serve for Assiah. In any case, that angel would be above the Choir of Angels, not after.

The Hebrew names of the planets are the traditional "Words of Power" for the Assiah level. (In saying "traditional," I note that this is stated almost no place in published works known to me, although it is routine knowledge in those incarnations of the G.D. tradition that have been handed down with continuity through the generations.)

Though there isn't an exact rule, one tends to find the planetary angel brought into the mix more often in strict planetary workings, rather than in sephirothic workings. In those cases, it is most often substituted for the more diverse Choir of Angels, but sometimes used in conjunction with them. It's also the proper hierarchical element when descending to the Intelligence and Spirit.

So, for a Chesed working, most of the time the hierarchy (if going all the way to Assiah) would be El, Tzadqiel, Chasmalim, Tzedeq; but a Kaph (por pure planetary Jupiter) working would generally devolve (going as far as one needed for the particular operation) El, Tzadqiel, Sakhiel, Yophiel, Hismael (and Tzedeq if needed). This, through Hismael, would also be the establishment of descending power if one were continuing to the Ga'agsheklah.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles
 
Posts: 9570
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby bdc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:50 am

wonderful, thank you so much! superb book, by the way!
bdc
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 am

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby Jim Eshelman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks :D
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles
 
Posts: 9570
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby bdc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 am

just another quick question about this ritual as mentioned in 776 1/2...
at the end of sample ritual 9, regarding the banishing greater ritual of the hexagram, you write "only the four Hexagrams of the Quarters are traced for the banishing."
is this always the case with the greater banishing hexagram ritual, i.e. that the fifth hexagram facing the direction of planet with full hierarchical vibration (as used in the invoking form) is omitted in the banishing version?
bdc
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 am

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:46 am

bdc wrote:at the end of sample ritual 9, regarding the banishing greater ritual of the hexagram, you write "only the four Hexagrams of the Quarters are traced for the banishing."
is this always the case with the greater banishing hexagram ritual, i.e. that the fifth hexagram facing the direction of planet with full hierarchical vibration (as used in the invoking form) is omitted in the banishing version?

Not necessarily. But, then, you often don't need the Greater Hexagram Ritual for banishing - the Lesser works fine (and would actually work in this sample instance).

Some choices are made on instinct / intuition. I believe that nudged me in this case was the layered invocations - two planets involved. I'd have to retrace my steps through the ritual carefully to see if anything else warranted that, but I think it was that simple: an unusual, layered ritual, and intuition bumping me in a particular direction.

From an instructive point of view, I think the point here is that this is a sample ritual - there are different ways to do these things, and I was wanting to give actual worked rituals as samples - and, no, the decision above isn't universal.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles
 
Posts: 9570
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby bdc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:01 am

excellent, many thanks
bdc
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 am

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby bdc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am

yet another question!

in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7980 - you say "A good rule of thumb is to use what you see on the Tree of Life - Queen Scale for sephiroth, King Scale for paths - and only vary from that when you have a specific reason."

i know you are talking about alter cloths in that case, but does it also apply for the drawing of hexagrams in the GRH?

i'm clear on the paths, as you say in 776 1/2, "when invoking a specific principle, we recommend drawing against a background of the color of the principle, and tracing the hexagram in the complementary color. For example, Mercury (as Beth) is yellow in the King Scale. Therefore, hexagrams intended to invoke or banish Mercury would be drawn on a yellow background in violet light."
but for the sephiroth, would one instead use the queen scale colour, in the case of invoking hod, drawing in blue on an orange (queen scale of hod) background?
bdc
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 am

Re: greater ritual of the hexagram question

Postby Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:45 am

bdc wrote:in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7980 - you say "A good rule of thumb is to use what you see on the Tree of Life - Queen Scale for sephiroth, King Scale for paths - and only vary from that when you have a specific reason."

i know you are talking about alter cloths in that case, but does it also apply for the drawing of hexagrams in the GRH?

Yes. (With the complementation principle you cite below.)

i'm clear on the paths, as you say in 776 1/2, "when invoking a specific principle, we recommend drawing against a background of the color of the principle, and tracing the hexagram in the complementary color. For example, Mercury (as Beth) is yellow in the King Scale. Therefore, hexagrams intended to invoke or banish Mercury would be drawn on a yellow background in violet light."
but for the sephiroth, would one instead use the queen scale colour, in the case of invoking hod, drawing in blue on an orange (queen scale of hod) background?

Yes.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles
 
Posts: 9570
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Return to 776 1/2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest