Column 410 Olympic Planetary Spirits

Discussion & announcements concerning "776 1/2: Tables of Correspondences for Practical Ceremonial"

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Column 410 Olympic Planetary Spirits

Postby Ankh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 am

93 All,

In 776 1/2 in chapter 4 Yetziratic Names, under column 410 there is a list of Olympic Planetary Spirits. I have a few questions that hope can be answered without spilling any magical beans.

1. Where would a magician use these names in the hierarchy? After the planetary spirits and before the spirits (Genii) of the 22 paths, I would presume.

2. Why would one use them to begin with?

One name I find captivating is Och, the Olympic planetary spirit of Tiphereth. The imagery that arises from contemplating the name Och (Aleph Atu-0, Vav Atu-5, and Cheth Atu-7) using the Atus is that the light is guiding and protective.

93 93 /93,
Ankh
AL III,17: “Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth. Nu is your refuge as Hadit your light; and I am the strength, force, vigour, of your arms.”
Ankh
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Re: Column 410 Olympic Planetary Spirits

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 am

Ankh wrote:In 776 1/2 in chapter 4 Yetziratic Names, under column 410 there is a list of Olympic Planetary Spirits. I have a few questions that hope can be answered without spilling any magical beans.

1. Where would a magician use these names in the hierarchy? After the planetary spirits and before the spirits (Genii) of the 22 paths, I would presume.

Don't think of them in that hierarchy - certainly not in any relationship to the Genii. They are more of "their own thing," though they do seem to be responsive to the hierarchy down to the planetary angel. They are spirits, so they are an alternative branching to the classic Planetary Spirits.

There hasn't been much published on them. Denning & Philips, in their book on planetary magick, deal rather well with them. I've worked with them a bit and they are quite cordial and responsive in my experience.

2. Why would one use them to begin with?

They're just "someone else out there to go meet and talk to." One might not wish to bother interacting with them at all. They have their place in certain Medieval works (where they seem to have originated) and, as I said, D&P did some excellent work with them.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: Column 410 Olympic Planetary Spirits

Postby Ankh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Thank you for your generous answers and time Jim. It’s appreciated. :D
AL III,17: “Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth. Nu is your refuge as Hadit your light; and I am the strength, force, vigour, of your arms.”
Ankh
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Return to 776 1/2