Three letter names of The Aethyr.

Discussion & announcements concerning "Visions & Voices: Aleister Crowley's Enochian Visions with Astrological & Qabalistic Commentary"

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Three letter names of The Aethyr.

Postby Ankh » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:12 pm

93 all,
Does anyone know or care to speculate on why each of the Aethyr names is made up of only three letters?

Thank you
AL III,17: “Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth. Nu is your refuge as Hadit your light; and I am the strength, force, vigour, of your arms.”
Ankh
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Re: Three letter names of The Aethyr.

Postby Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Ankh wrote:93 all,
Does anyone know or care to speculate on why each of the Aethyr names is made up of only three letters?

Read the original John Dee record for July 13, 1584. These are the names as originally given.

In writing the book, I had theories about a "why." Patterns... but couldn't unquestionably filter my own projections or innate patterning. I'm not sure the "why" matters much. But I've given you where they come from.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: Three letter names of The Aethyr.

Postby Ankh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:46 am

Quote JAE: Read the original John Dee record for July 13, 1584. These are the names as originally given.
In writing the book, I had theories about a "why." Patterns... but couldn't unquestionably filter my own projections or innate patterning. I'm not sure the "why" matters much. But I've given you where they come from.

Thank you Jim, I am very new to the system and I am just trying to wrap my head around it. BTW, I have been using the ATU’s meditation you suggested in your book for about a month to explore the Aethyr’s. So far,... interesting :wink:
AL III,17: “Fear not at all; fear neither men nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth. Nu is your refuge as Hadit your light; and I am the strength, force, vigour, of your arms.”
Ankh
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Return to Visions & Voices