The Cry of the 30th Aethyr

Discussion & announcements concerning "Visions & Voices: Aleister Crowley's Enochian Visions with Astrological & Qabalistic Commentary"

Moderator: Moderators - Public

The Cry of the 30th Aethyr

Postby danica » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:42 am

wanted to share the idea that came while reading this part of the book:::

the four Angels bear some resemblance to the idea of the four 'Royal Stars', ancient Guardians of the '4 Quarters' of the Sky:

North: Fomalhaut, which name literally means "the Fish's Mouth" (the largest star in the constellation Piscis Austrinus)
--- the scryer 'enters' the vision here, i.e. it starts from the North; the book says AMBZ - enumerates to 50 (hebrew values, as Jim introduced) -- among other things, the idea of entering 'into the belly of the beast' [the deep subconscious that leads to the collective unconscious] comes to mind...

East: Aldebaran, which literally means "eye of the Bull"
--- the idea we get here is 'central point', and the Sun; in the vision, above all the other images there is "a Golden Sun, having an eye, whence a greath Light"

South: Regulus, meaning "little king" (in Greece, basiliskos aster (Little King star); in Rome, Basilica Stella)
--- the symbolism of Light and Love, but also that of the Son/Sun, is emphasized in the vision.

West: Antares, also called "the Heart of the Scorpion"
--- a flaming book in the vision, "Within was drawn a fiery scorpion, yet cold withal"...
Last edited by danica on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Re: The Cry of the 30th Aethyr

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:33 am

Very ihteresting. I may sit with these ideas a bit on the plane flight back west next week.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Chris Hanlon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi Jim,
Just got your book. Find it really interesting, both a refresher of the Tree, and love the way you added the charts to the visions.
Thanks,
Chris Hanlon
Chris Hanlon
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby danica » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 pm

...Jim, reading the commentaries on the 29th Aethyr now --- and I see that you have already made the connection to the 4 Royal Stars! but now, in the 29th, the sequence is different --> Antares is on the east, Aldebaran setting [and a personal note - I was born at exactly such a moment!]...
and this is the 'natural' sequence really - because, when Fomalhaut rises for example, Antares culminates, Reguluts sets, Aldebaran is on the lowest point; etc.
-- so, I wonder how could it be and why that the ancient said Aldebaran guards the east and Antares west, and Regulus south, Fomalhaut north !!?...

back to reading now...
[ if there was a smiley depicting a starry night, I would use it now to express my overall experience of the book so far, but since there's not, I'll just keep silent...]
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Return to Visions & Voices