/I did not read the text from Liber Theta today, going from memory & with intuition, just looking at the card/
- The color may be some “dirty blue”… but it doesn't feel right; I’ll work without introductory color/egg-of-Light.
- “Dark Night of the Soul”
- I feel there is an intimate, close relationship with this card now, there is no repulsion and uneasiness that I felt toward it before.
- High tide & ebb tide, flux and re-flux, tides in general…
- You have to come down, in order to climb up; “The only way out is through”.
- Unfertilized egg, being thrown out periodically; the mystery of female menstrual cycle.
- Amplitudes of cycles, down on the card: there are three of them; three main cycles of life – whose frequencies do not overlap, but are synchronized; perhaps: Earth’s rotation around its axis, Luna’s rotation around Earth, and Earth’s & Luna’s rotation around the Sun? Probably any other natural trinity, considered in its cyclicity.
- Subconsciousness and biological life function in cycles, and these cycles contain in themselves dark and light phases – they consist of rotational switching of this; the Lunar cycle is the most obvious example of this.
- This Path = knowing all of that, but not intellectually, but knowing through being in accordance with it “from inside”, biologically and at the level of automatic consciousness.
- “Go with the flow”.
- Whole of the picture in the upper part of the card seems like a reflection (a sort of play that the light makes, interacting with matter and thus shadows) of that which is below on the card.
- “Do not turn left nor right”, as if the card says, “follow the Sun and the Moon in her persistent reflection of the Sun – this leads to fertility, to success”.
- Instincts, basic drives; natural balance on instinctual level.
- The light necessarily creates shadows in interaction with material phenomena (and the question is: is there light without that which we call matter?); looking at the shadow, you can find the source of the light; focus your inner attention to it!
- The deep mystery of connected-ness and interdependence of Light and Darkness.
- Female card. In divination: the root, origin, deep source of the question.
/Still did not read the ATU related text in Lib. Theta ; so going from memory of reading it before, and with the images on the card, again/
- The color has to be some bloody red, but dark, as “dirty blood”, that from the veins (not the cinober and light one from arteries); this feel right, I’m doing the egg-of-light visualization with it.
- “Follow the cycles” – the card seems to say.
- Letters Yod above, nine of them – the “secret connection” of Yesod and Chokmah (2=9 & 9=2)
- Is this Kephra, or some other bug? It does not look like Scarab. But – a bug is a bug – and this one carries the Sun-disk, so it’s definitely Kephra-symbolism what matters here.
- Hind-head: autonomous nervous system; patterns of the sub-consciousness; the basic structures of that which governs the conscious everyday activities, which abide below the threshold of the conscious mind.
- There is something very sexual in the flow represented as going down from the Moon to the halo around the Sun below; I’m associated of female ejaculation, or the flow of sexual fluids from vagina.
- The two guardians look like pillars; they should be polarized, but they look the same, as if one is the mirror-reflection of the other.
- Hind-head: place where the spinal cord and the brain meet! If the brain is as Luna, and upwards through the spine flows Solar power (Nuit & Hadit), hind-head is the place of their conjoining, their “kiss” & intercourse; Yod, Yod…x 9 = New Worlds are being conceived here! In the dark, in the fertile chaos of the deep, hidden and the un-known…
- These guardians and the towers behind them now look like something serving to protect the Holiness of the Temple from the uninitiated and the intruding; the dogs, and the shadowy environment have the function of scaring them away.
/Finally read the text today; I’m pleased to see that the color I used yesterday is almost exactly right!/
- Color: the flow of blood, release, dismission, relaxation, surrender… “Let blood flow to my name!”
- In everything that is many-fold, there shines-works-emanates_through_it the One (here on the card, it’s the Sun, reflection of which is everything else portrayed on the card).
- The patterns of subconsciousness that form the frame of our perception and thus in a hidden way mold the whole of our World and experience in it. The Initiate consciously enters this realm; learns to – by observing the cyclicity of natural processes, inside and outside – see that One which is in the essence of the phenomenal Many; adorations of Sol and Luna nourish conscious relationship with this; the whole of Initiate’s life becomes regulated – the aspiration is disciplined – through these daily Rituals.
- Flexibility, elasticity.
- Spiritual aspiration manifested through the impulses and drives of the body, and correlated aspects of the psyche; if they are not suppressed, but instead accepted, observed and respected – they reveal Magnificence, through the recognition of their Root (Sol).
- O, my body – you are my Temple,
you tool for pain and pleasure,
you are my House!
In ebbs and flows of your changes,
in rhythmic cycles of your processes,
every chemical reaction and every cell-process
is a reflection of One Will;
they are nothing but the dance of Love,
the dance of adoration for Adonai!
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."