The Magical Diary of Bro. Proserpinus.

Discussion & announcements concerning "Pearls of Wisdom" by James A. Eshelman

Moderator: Moderators - Public

The Magical Diary of Bro. Proserpinus.

Postby mark0987 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Jim,

I just wanted to say that this piece of the book was perhaps the most interesting and the piece which I most enjoyed. I have been working through the book slowly, reading a piece a week. I read this in one sitting today, it was very interesting.

I have been going through a rough patch with spirituality for the past few months and was even thinking of giving everything up all together a couple of weeks ago. I had no motivation. After reading this piece and learning that you got results despite living an every day life gives me hope for the (very) far off future.

So I also wanted to say thank you for sharing this record with everyone, I think it is important as not many people have shared their experiences quite so fully.

I do have some questions though, I hope you don't mind.....

Do you still practice the phoenix pentagram ritual you came up with now that you have attained K+C or did you revert back to the normal LBRP?

As a side question, have your rituals seemed to evolve in any way as a result of K+C?

Was there a specific reason you did the Earth hexagram (Instead of the unicursal) on day 91, or was it spontaneous?

This last one may be a little more personal and so I apologise if it seems intrusive (please don't answer if it is). But what rites were you referring to when you described them as the rites of a 'pontiff and epopt of the illuminati'? (This was on day 24). The words got me curious.

93, 93/93.
"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realises that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'"

-Max Planck
mark0987
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Re: The Magical Diary of Bro. Proserpinus.

Postby Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks for the kind swords, and I'm really glad you found this interesting and of service. To answer some of your questions...

mark0987 wrote:\Do you still practice the phoenix pentagram ritual you came up with now that you have attained K+C or did you revert back to the normal LBRP?

Sometimes. Not often. (It was especially useful in my 6=5 approach.) Yes, the standard LRP still seems the best general ritual. - But this isn't a simple either/or question, since there are a number of formulae I've used in the intervening years, and still occasionally use.

As a side question, have your rituals seemed to evolve in any way as a result of K+C?

See p. 383 for the first impact. That actually describes all the other effects, though tone changed a bit as the years went on.

Was there a specific reason you did the Earth hexagram (Instead of the unicursal) on day 91, or was it spontaneous?

I don't remember precisely. Ultimately, it was intuitional. (In theory, I do think that this is what the Star Sapphire actually calls for.) On rereading, it looks like I needed to break the recent habit pattern at that exact point.

This last one may be a little more personal and so I apologise if it seems intrusive (please don't answer if it is). But what rites were you referring to when you described them as the rites of a 'pontiff and epopt of the illuminati'? (This was on day 24). The words got me curious.

Oaths prohibit a clear answer. There is, however, public disclosure of which degree (and of which fellowship) that title refers to. This might help you find what you're looking for.
Love is the law, love under will.
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Re: The Magical Diary of Bro. Proserpinus.

Postby mark0987 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Thank you :D . I was curious about these things, I read the piece like a story and just wanted to fill in some gaps.

93, 93/93.
"Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realises that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'"

-Max Planck
mark0987
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Return to Pearls of Wisdom