03/20/17 - TAV, Saturn (evening)

Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

Moderator: Moderators - Public

03/20/17 - TAV, Saturn (evening)

Postby danica » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:27 am

The evening reading for today:
Liber VII, Ch II
(ATU XXI)
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 03/20/17 - TAV, Saturn (evening)

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 pm

"to await Thee is the end, not the beginning"

And now I'm stumped. :lol:

(Edit: I read the wrong passage for this. But my dreams were full loneliness and fear of the madness outside just the same. "Let me go back into the world; yea, back into the world." "Lazily, hungrily, ardently, patiently; so will I work.")
Last edited by Avshalom Binyamin on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
טהרה אלמד
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Anchorite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 pm

'A wild country and a waning moon.
Clouds scudding over the sky.
A circuit of pines, and of tall yews beyond. Thou in the midst! '

With advice from 'sources' I was pointed to a reference to 'Liber Cheth vel Vallum Abiegni ' or Rampart of Firs. Rampart's etymology being = prepare beforehand (Parare ante) for the wedding , which I may take as my Motto. Especially when it was shouted into my ear in asana the night before last (after doing work to find my Motto). The curcuit of Pines and Rampart of Firs seem different poetical ways of describing the same thing.
As to what 'thing' it is, well I guess it's given me busy work to find out.
Anchorite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danica » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Biynah, in both Her mystical & magical aspect (Daleth & Beyth).
What's pinnacle of rapture for the Adept seems like madness to the "common sense" measure of Ruach.

The World is the crystallization of Love.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica

Postby [V] » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Existence is a ravenous storm, by which the black earth we live is born. The eye of the storm is the stillness of the soul, by which we move past this dimly lit portal.

We understand that white & black are one, but to prove this with knowledge (by the intellect) is foolish. Knowledge will only show how one falsehood relates to another falsehood. It can only show you how it is NOT one. So then also be still o my soul that the spell may dissolve! Sew the seeds of knowledge and reap the harvest patiently by silence.

Seek not only the stillness. But also go madly into the frenzy of form. Dance and drink wildly with Bacchus AND seek the stillness therein. Bacchus grows old, becoming Silenus (Speech & Silence / Black & White, etc.) By the light of the rosy cross (union of opposites), the emissary of Pan, may one know the single enduring truth.
[V]
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Anchorite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:34 pm

danica wrote:Biynah, in both Her mystical & magical aspect (Daleth & Beyth).
What's pinnacle of rapture for the Adept seems like madness to the "common sense" measure of Ruach.

The World is the crystallization of Love.

Much thanks.
Anchorite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby David S » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:09 am

The cubby, cozy rapture of invocation, the sensual enticement of the divine. What seems a small trinket of devotion grows immense. Work--lazily, hungrily, ardently, and patiently--but work. There is grandeur and intoxicating joy in the solitude and longing, but anguish too--Pan's mocking grin leering through cold marble. The world offers seeming succor from the desire for that which ever withdraws as one approaches, but labor on. There is an End.
"But all we say and do, however casually, adds up to more, far more, than our most strenuous Operations. 'Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves.'" - Commentaries of AL
David S
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Return to Meditation of the Day - Thelemic Tefilah