03/20/17 - TAV, Earth (morning)

Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

Moderator: Moderators - Public

03/20/17 - TAV, Earth (morning)

Postby danica » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:13 am

Happy Vernal Equinox!

The morning reading for today:
Liber LXV, Ch 1
(ATU XXI)
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 03/20/17 - TAV, Earth (morning)

Postby danica » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:25 am

- Verses 25-26 provoke tears
-This is the Earth as perceived by Adept, i.e. nature of the Earth illuminated by his/her relationship with the Angel.
- Practical advice: reap thou, and rejoice.
- Transience of Earth phenomena.
- You're here to teach, bring LVX forward; this is the Joy of alignment with Will in the realm of Action.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:22 am

Verses 14-17 reminded me that all change means death from the perspective of the parts that will be left behind. All adventures mean losing sight of the familiar shore. At the start of this journey, I'm having a moment of sadness for what will be lost, and joy and excitement for what is to come.
טהרה אלמד
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Anchorite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:16 pm

The first reading of the day was Liber VII, Cap. 2 I noticed this :
11. Thou art like a beautiful Nubian slave leaning her naked purple against the green pillars of marble that are above the bath.
12. Wine jets from her black nipples.
Apart from a wonderful image for a painting - this iconography is of course repeated in Liber LXV, Ch 1

18. So also the light that is absorbed. One absorbs little, and is called white and glistening; one absorbs all and is called black.

19. Therefore, O my darling, art thou black.

20. O my beautiful, I have likened thee to a jet Nubian slave, a boy of melancholy eyes.

Adonai says to 666 that he sees 666 as a black male during 666's K&C . This seems a reverse of the usual identification.
As a Master of the Temple the Master sees Adonai as female but also nubian black? ( Or since this is verse 11 and purple is used, is this Nuit? Since this is where his asperation would be at this point?)
If he sees Adonai as dark and female this could mean that the angel and the aspirant both , when 'absorbing the 'light so strenuous is that is not perceived as light ' turn to a brilliant black. I would assume NOX has something to do with this here but that's beyond my pay grade .
Anchorite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby David S » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:29 pm

The colors are many but the light is one. Darkness absorbs the most. Gleaming hues and vivid shades blend into uniquely precious obscurities. History coruscates with these images - glistening silver joys and deep blue woes. Seek beyond the hue and shade, whispers the snake. Absorb all, hums the dolorous beetle. The angel dissolves as relentlessly as death ravishes. Subdue fear and disgust. Sweep the swathe and rejoice!

TL;DR - Thelema is not for the faint of heart.
"But all we say and do, however casually, adds up to more, far more, than our most strenuous Operations. 'Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves.'" - Commentaries of AL
David S
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Postby Gnosomai Emauton » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 pm

"Subdue thy fear and thy disgust. Then--yield!"

Three simple instructions, yet so easy to forget.
Go in all ways contrary to the world.
Gnosomai Emauton

Postby Hannah » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Brings to mind "the image beyond the image" of the weight of the revolution of time, with the continual "destruction" and "creation" rather, dispersion and culmination of light.. the changes of life, youth to old-age, pleasure to pain, is of one body, a one-revolving upon the wheel of time in the firmament of stars and space.
Hannah
Copper Member
Copper Member

Return to Meditation of the Day - Thelemic Tefilah