04/05/17 - VAV, The Hierophant, Taurus

Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

Moderator: Moderators - Public

04/05/17 - VAV, The Hierophant, Taurus

Postby danica » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:53 pm

April 5
(VAV, The Hierophant, Taurus)
Liber LXV, Cap. V
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: 04/05/17 - VAV, The Hierophant, Taurus

Postby Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:06 am

I have been afraid for so long
That the oil would run out
And the flame would die
A sputtering death

I hadn't noticed the invisible light
Burning without oil, day and night

I had thought my fornications
And secret humiliations
Would bar me from Thy presence
For all eternity

Thou still callest me your spotless bride
And lookest at me with eyes of pride

The flame is lit, as it always has been.
טהרה אלמד
Avshalom Binyamin
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Anchorite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 pm

'The end of things is come upon us'.

A thing is a think.
A thing is a byproduct of unity from the illision of division.
A thing is?
Nay - Is not and is.
Not two. Naught.

'And they that sealed up the book into their blood were the chosen of Adonai, and the Thought of Adonai was a Word and a Deed; and they abode in the Land that the far-off travellers call Naught. '

'They are gathered together into a glowing heart, as Ra that gathereth his clouds about Him at eventide into a molten sea of Joy; and the snake that is the crown of Ra bindeth them about with the golden girdle of the death-kisses.'

Deem not too eagerly to catch the promises!
Define*too* eagerly? :)
Anchorite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danica » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Verses 52 - 56 are always intensely deep-touching, no matter how many times I read them.

Re v. 43-44: It has always felt somehow inappropriate that here A.C. speaks of a particular woman that he was in love with, i.e.knowing ex-bible at the time (Ada Laird). But now I see it differently - nothing is incidental! The peculiarities of our human existence are not of no-importance in the light of relationship with Adonai.
Whatever and whoever is a Muse to me, an inspiration, my relation to it/him/her is the expression this One flame. And to immerse myself into these human and "mundane" experiences of Love, to let myself be taken away and inspired to heights of creativity and madness by them, is also a way of passionate surrender to the Love of the Sun of my soul.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica

Postby David S » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:20 am

The spirit is Hoor let down into the Animal Soule of things," which burns within "as a pure flame without oil." It is the "Pillar 'stablished in the void." Accessible to the atheist, who can celebrate and copulate without false, partial images of god or misaligned hopes and false fears. Harvested with doubt, which cuts down faith like a sickle, and pieced viscerally with ecstasy. Worship her with offerings of pleasure and pain. Do not cry that the pinnacle of the pyramid is unquarried when the foundation of the pyramid is just now being laid. "There is no wine like unto this wine."
"But all we say and do, however casually, adds up to more, far more, than our most strenuous Operations. 'Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves.'" - Commentaries of AL
David S
Stone of Precious Water
Stone of Precious Water

Return to Meditation of the Day - Thelemic Tefilah